Do these type of movies trigger you?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Cutting_the_pain_Away, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

They do.
    When i see someone cutting in movie, i just have to go to bathroom...

I watched first movie and liked it, althought its not very quality movie, it has very important message...

I will maybe watch second one rignt now..lately i just dont have interest in anything...

2. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

I've never seen a movie that had cutting/eating disorders in it..Except Girl, Interrupted.

3. Forsaken Heretic

Forsaken Heretic Well-Known Member

Same here, Girl interrupted is the only movie I've seen that has to do with cutting or any form of disorders. I watched a clip of those ones above and hell yeah that would be triggering.

4. Believe

Believe Well-Known Member

For sure, those types of clips, and Girl, Interrupted are total triggers for me... that's why I had to quit watching them. I threw out my copy of the aforementioned movie. I think that they serve a purpose, however - they educate people who may not understand SI/SH. So let's just say they're made for them, not for us. ;)

5. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

I've seen that first one: Painful Secrets.
    Some scenes are indeed rather triggering.. I think this would make a good film for parents of cutters to see.. Even though it's a crap film imo, it does show how parents should NOT 'deal' with it. Me thinks.

6. Forsaken Heretic

Forsaken Heretic Well-Known Member

God, I'm watching Painful Secrets right now on youtube. That girls mother is a bitch, she acts like she doesn't care at all about her daughter, only what affect the cutting has on her. I'm on part 8 and I already would love to beat the holy shit out of her.

7. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

At this moment I don't think they'd trigger me to do anything but I'm sure I'd get upset for the people in them.

I generally don't feel like I need to starve myself to oblivion, or to see things that will make me harm myself, but I saw this documentary about an ED clinic in America which I thought was great as it focused on these girls and they were people of all weights/sizes and I could empathise with a lot of what they were going through as they were half dead like me.

8. malacoba

malacoba Active Member

since my suicide attempt I find scenes of suicide hard to watch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.