Do they have to make you feel this way? :(

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by FallingStar, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FallingStar

FallingStar Member

I know thinking about suicide is wrong

But why do people have to make you feel so damn bad about it, I mean it just makes things worse! Honestly, we cant control out emotions

I believe that our suicidal thoughts are triggered from our emotions.

So should we feel bad about feeling what we feel?

2. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

No, never. Never feel bad for how you feel. People can control actions, but feelings we can't. Feeling suicidal isn't something to feel ashamed of either. I don't see it as all bad or all good.

3. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Don't feel bad for feeling suicidal. You want a solution to your problems and you feel that suicide can be that solution. But there are other options. Always remember that. :hug:

4. palmtrees

palmtrees Well-Known Member

Exactly. "Let's add GUILT to a depressed person's list of problems on top of everything else, since we'd do so much better if we were in their position." I don't get it. I guess people have to have actually been suicidal before they take a suicidal person seriously? When enough people treat me like this I eventually begin to believe that I deserve all the pain and suffering and depression because I'm a bad person...that doesn't seem accurate though.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I feel bad for feeling depressed and suicidal, it makes me feel ashamed of myself..

6. Pingu

Pingu Well-Known Member

i used to feel bad about it, but now i understand more about it, and i dont think its a bad thing anymore. Ofcourse its so sad when someone take suicide, but i still dont think it should be illegal.

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You should not feel bad about feeling suicidal. It is not something you set out to do. People do not understand if they haven't been there so they react by making you feel guilty for feeling as you do. It is their way of coping with their fear and feelings of inadequacy to change things. No, don't feel sad about them but accept them for what they are. Feelings. But remember,having those feelings does not mean you have to act on them. Accept them, but fight to change them. :hug:

8. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

It's a selfish reflex. They don't want to hear about it, because then they're responsible. Better to make -you- feel too guilty to talk about it.

9. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

You don't have to feel guilty about it. There are millions of people around the world who suffer from it. They have no idea how to get help. You have come to the forum for the right resons. You will always get the support you need from members who are dealing with the same problems or similar ones. You really don't need to hang with people who are going to make you feel bad.Walk away and don't look back. It's your life and you can seek help or stew in the negative thoughts. It's your choice how you want to deal with it...Good Luck,~Joseph~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.