Do they know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rai02

I sat today and "people watched." I saw a lot of different type of people. Some in a hurry, some not sure of themselves, some still sleeping it appeared. I love to look at people and determine their life story, or their story for that day, that hour, or event that minute. You can tell a lot about a person if you pay close attention to details.

Like the girl today in the waiting room at the Psychiatric office. It was raining outside, but it was very warm. She was wearing a jacket. A jacket that still had the lift pass ticket on the zipper from the last time she wore it to go skiing. I noticed her right off the bat because she was the only one wearing a jacket. Then, I very quickly noticed that she was wearing a pair of blue jeans, and flip flops. Now, tell me, where is the logic in that. It poured down the rain this morning and she was wearing a jacket to keep dry, but a pair of flip flops. The bottoms of her jeans were wet. The denim had turned dark blue. I quickly wondered what her choice of shoes for the day had said about her. I ran out of time to draw my conclusion, as my name was called.

Anyway, I know I am not the only person who enjoys watching other people. It is very amusing to come up with their "story." I can't help but walk around today wondering how many people are trying to make up my story. How well can they size me up. Do they see who I really am? Do they see the girl trapped inside this smiling face? Do they see my pain, my constant torment? Do they think they know my story?

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
I wish people paid that much attention; I think most people move through their days without looking at others, so, they probably do not know your story...but you are right, that when I see something that is out of place in a person, I wonder what they were thinking. Yesterday, it was 80F here, and someone was wearing a wool hat...when I see things I do wonder what possesses someone to do something like that

Angie

Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I have been seeing my psychiatrist a long time, and its like when I go there, its family, people I've been seeing for a long time.

And yes, I wonder too. I see people dressed strangely, like shorts in winter. I also see people who obviously had struggled just to get there. I'm like that sometimes myself.

Take care Rai :hug:

SaraRose

That reminds me that a couple days ago I saw a woman walk into the grocery store- when I went to get some food while on a break at work. Normally I don't care too much since my breaks are really short, but I noticed that she was wearing a sweatshirt and sweatpants. I wouldn't really have noticed but it was currently 4 in the afternoon and around 100F outside. I could only wonder what she was thinking dressing so hot in hot weather.

:spidey:

Growing Pains

This post really is deep. I confess, I go through life not noticing people. I can't say whether it's because I don't care to or because I feel uncomfortable looking at them. My problem mostly lies in the fact that I can't imagine what it's like to be someone else, so I cannot "read" other people. This thread does remind me, though, of this guy at Wal Mart. I don't like shopping there... but living in a small town with a super Wal Mart... all my other options are pretty much gone. This one cashier makes me feel uncomfortable because when he looks at me I feel as if he can see right through me. Down to the point where he once pointed out that I appear timid. I don't know what it is about him, but I feel like if I knew him, I would probably never be able to hide anything from him.

Speedy

Staff Alumni
This thread does remind me, though, of this guy at Wal Mart. I don't like shopping there... but living in a small town with a super Wal Mart... all my other options are pretty much gone. This one cashier makes me feel uncomfortable because when he looks at me I feel as if he can see right through me. Down to the point where he once pointed out that I appear timid. I don't know what it is about him, but I feel like if I knew him, I would probably never be able to hide anything from him.
That's deep too, SharkDogs. I can relate so much.. :hug: Especially that last sentence.. it describes how I feel about some people I've met (some just strangers - it also depends on my mood that day, though - as in how lonely I feel that particular day).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$170.00
Goal
$255.00