Do u guys think that talking would make people get better?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by life, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. life

life Well-Known Member

Your wrong;everyone in this forum is doing the same mistake!.....People who feel bad ;who feels suicidal ;posts a good message to someone who is suicidal!...This is totaly pathetic!.............I can TOTALY COMPLETELY RELATE TO some of YOU PEOPLE ...I KNOW THAT THE PAIN IS TOO MUCH;AND TALKING WONT MAKE IT ANY BETTER....talking doesnt make it any better..why ? cuz everything is at our HEADS....ITS ALL PSYCHOLOGICAL ..:mad:

2. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

There most definitely are external causes for depression and suicidal tendencies, but some of them are so indirect or operate though deeply embedded feelings about ourselves that we do not recognize them.

And yes, depressive thoughts do have facets about them which are psychological. I have found by my own experience that these kinds of thoughts and feelings are self-defeating and occur cyclically.

Both of these factors can be affected by the decisions you make. For example, you can identify the external factors causing some of your depressed feelings and mitigate your exposure to them, say, an abusive partner or an antagonistic parent. The internal factors, on the other hand, can be recognized for what they are (unreasonable and illogical). But because of the nature of depression, identifying and convincing yourself that these feelings aren't absolute is far more difficult than dealing with external factors.

Whenever I make a rash judgment, a second voice always chimes in within my head, telling me that what I just decided was unreasonable or foolish. I am very lucky to have another me keeping me in check.

3. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

I let myself go off on a tangent and didn't address the positive effects of talking about one's problems.

I feel I can state that "talking about suicidal thoughts and depressive feelings does improve the demeanor of many sufferers" without having to cite any proof. The key word there is many. I am positive that talking about their problems does indeed help some people here. But perhaps it doesn't for you, and that is you.

Posting a good message to someone feeling suicidal isn't pathetic, it is a humble attempt to reach out and make someone feel even the slightest bit better, which is inherently good and undeserving of insult.

4. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Many factors are involved in causing or trigger depression regardless of whether it's external or internal.

Giving someone a nice message shows that person has given time, thought and effort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.