Do u know anyone who commited suicide?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by goliath, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goliath

goliath Active Member

My ex- girlfriend's mom hang herself in a basement. That was terrible. But I remember her suffering every day. She was drinking a lot, too. She used to be a lovely person, very cheerful.....
    My brother-in-law's brother killed heimself after his girlfriend broke up with him. Why can't people cope?
    I can't stand the pain. I can't watch people suffer. I suffer with them. I'm like a sponge absorbing all the pain in the world. I'm close to a breaking point. I don't how much longer I will hold on.
  2. Yes, I do.
  3. New-Hope

New-Hope Well-Known Member

I do. Family member. It was horrible... devastating for all of us :sad:
  4. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

yes sadly i do she was 25:sad:
  5. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

yep, a good friend. i still think of him, and miss him, every day

6. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

yes. :cry: I didn't know him well, but well enough to know he possessed intelligence, sensitivity and kindness in abundance. I was and still am sad when I think about him. Very sad.
  7. Surviving

Surviving Well-Known Member

Yes, unfortunately I have known more than a couple people who ended their own lives... And a few others who have tried and failed.

Goliath, just remember that it is not your duty, or responsibility, to bear the burden of their decision. The pain hurts and cuts tremendously deep, but try not to get caught up in the "why" part of it.
  8. falling_away

falling_away Member

yes. when i was a kid and teenager i went to a summer camp. one of my camp counselors hung himself when he found out his wife was cheating on him. :sad:
  9. lost_child

lost_child Well-Known Member

yeap my uncle and 2 friends have killed uncle and one of my friends OD and the other jumped into the thames.
  10. SadDude87

SadDude87 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say I really knew them that well, but an acquaintance of mine from college hung himself in a paddock on his farm.
  11. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Yes. My best friend and confidant, we supported each other during a very low point in both of our lives. I got past it, she didn't. I guess she did a better job of supporting me than I did her. The emotional scar is a permanent reminder to me as to why I am pro-life, I would never wish that pain on anyone else.
  12. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

Yeah, there was one kid. I knew him a little and respected him a lot.
  13. almosteasy

almosteasy Well-Known Member

one of my friends mom hung herself 1 1/2 years ago. She never saw it coming, though her mom was doing pretty well.
  14. Carcinogen

Carcinogen Well-Known Member

Yep, a very close friend. It was a very brutal death. My fault, still think about him daily. Others I know have tried.
  15. jofo3511

jofo3511 Member

Yes, my 21 year old son on Oct 31, 2001
  16. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

Welcome jofo3511 and sorry to hear that. Hope you stay around in this forum :hug:
  17. gforce7

gforce7 Active Member

A friend of the family hung himself in a barn on his farm. I think I was the last person to talk to him. He'd just graduated from university, was always joking about, full of had a devastating affect on me.

I look back now though and wish I had his courage.
  18. Advent

Advent Well-Known Member

Unfortunatly yes, my cousin about 5 years ago, real shame had a lovely baby as well. Drugs o/d.
  19. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

More people in my life than I care to remember. It is something you never get over.
  20. pannic

pannic Member

yes my big brother hung himself, left a huge hole in our family, The pain i saw is the only thing keeping me here!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.