Do wills still hold up?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Rob_0807, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob_0807

Rob_0807 New Member

A few weeks ago, I tried to kill myself. It was a spur of the moment deal and obviously, I wasn't successful.

Anyways, been doing the whole therapy thing for over 10 years now, and the truth is, I just don't have the strength to do this shit anymore. I've got it very well planned out this time and I am not scared. I am relieved. I haven't felt "relieved" in years. August 8th is the day I die.

My wife left me this summer, took the kids, and I am utterly alone. Yeah, I have a support group and friends, but I am still alone.

You know what pisses me off about this whole thing? Is that for 10 years, I was sick. I suffer from PTSD and my wife always wanted me to get better. So, I did. I went to extensive therapy, talked extensively with friends and groups that specialize in this thing and I was doing 1 million times better with my emotions. I was never a horrible husband. I never hit her. I never yelled at her. I never cheated on her. I was just emotionally disconnected. But, like I said, that was getting SO MUCH better.

Then, all of a sudden... gone. Kids gone, too. I don't want to be that "part time dad" and I don't want to live without her. After thinking about it quite a bit, that is just the bottom line and the choice I've made.

Anyways, I know exactly when and how I'm doing it to make it as easy on everyone else is possible.

My question is, I am going to leave several letters.... to my kids, my wife, my family, some friends.... blah blah. But, most importantly, I'm leaving "my wishes for my body". I want to be cremated, I don't want my wife at any "service" they may have, and blah blah. Now, by taking my own life, am I giving up the right to decide any of this? Will it not be legally binding? Even if I get a legal will, will it hold up if I committ suicide and different family members want different things?
  2. Isa

Isa Well-Known Member

How cruel to stop your wife going to your ceremony.

Youll be dead, how will it affect you? Itll just mentally scar her for life.

How cruel.
  3. Rob_0807

Rob_0807 New Member

Well thanks.

I'm done trying to explain myself to anyone or justify anything. But thanks anyways.

Anyways.... will it hold up? Anyone? This is very important for me to know.
  4. animebling

animebling Well-Known Member

I can't seem to find anything on the internet about if the will will hold up in your case or not. I think your best bet would to be to phone a lawyer or a company who does wills and ask them anonymously, or you could try the yahoo question's, but I'm not sure how much help they would be either.
  5. possessednomad

possessednomad Well-Known Member

The stopping the wife from being at the ceremony is exactly what i'd do - are we bad people or not?!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.