Do women want to have babies or not?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by lifeisashedog, Nov 4, 2010.

?

Do women want to have babies?

1. YESSS! Marry me and give me your semen or lose me forever!

47.1%
  2. NOOO! Do I look like some medieval breeding machine?!

47.1%
  3. I don't care. I'm an alien. I multiply with offsprings.

5.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

So, here is my problem.

When I was teenager I went to private Roman Catholic high school. It has been 12 years since then and every year I am more reluctant to tell that CV fact aloud in public. Because if I say it aloud in public often some woman start complaining about "THOSE MEDIEVAL PATRIARCHAL FANATICS WHO WANT WOMEN TO BE BREEDING MACHINES."

Now cruel fate made me jobless and living with my parents. And I am also reluctant to tell that CV fact aloud in public. Because if I say it aloud in public often some woman starts complaining about "THOSE LAZY MALE DEADBEATS, UNWILLING TO GROW UP AND START A FAMILY."

It is with pride to say that i discovered a way to solve this problem: avoiding women whatsoever and hiding in my one-man-monastery-for-internet-addicts until the day I die. :1st:

But please, dear ladies of SF, just for the sake of science, help me solve this great riddle of feminine nature:

DO WOMEN WANT TO HAVE BABIES OR NOT?

2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Some do, some don't.

3. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I am a robot; thus- I am unable to take part in this poll.

4. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Oh, how embarassing. I didn't realize this was a public poll. Erm, please pay no attention to my vote, mmmkay?

5. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

its obvious Boo doesnt realy know himself that good :D

6. oval

oval Well-Known Member

im twisted. somedays i feel like itd be nice to have a child but others i feel like i dont even want the thought of it near me! i hate playing with children or just being around them. for some reason im always the one who ends up having to keep them busy when i go somewhere where they have kids and i just cant say no -.- i think kids suck the life out of me and having one would destroy me :/

7. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

I have never wanted children

8. Withdrawn

Withdrawn Well-Known Member

I would like one or two babies, but I don't think I would be strong enough to take care of them. And I don't want the baby to get my bad genes.

I cannot even take care of myself...

9. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

Call me a jerk but in my opinion any women that don't want to have kids do not deserve to live unless there is a really strong reason for that. What i don't understand is how any women can prefer their careers over having family.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2010
  10. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

I promised I will never have kids
    If I can't take care of them. I will
    Never ever be a dead beat mom who raises
    Her kids badly (spoils them, neglects them, criticises them,
    Doesn't pay attention to them, marry an abusive man ect)
    I think its dsgusting to involve another life
    If you can't even be a parent.

That is because if I have children I
    Want to cherish them and protect them
    And love them. So yes I want kids.
    But I will make sure I'm ready for it.
    I have to fix myself first.

11. Withdrawn

Is my reason strong enough or do I deserve to die?

12. oval

oval Well-Known Member

idk if i deserve to live acording to you but i hve never actually had a family i raised myself. i dont know how to behave when put in such a situation in the first place. so i wouldnt choose my career over a family but i cant handle kids at all. i cant be there for them and give them the love they need bc im a mess myself and i feel like i suffocate when i think of having children. i think its better to choose not to bring more kids into this world when you know you are not strong enough to raise them and have even more suicidal people posting on here

13. Juliaa

Juliaa Well-Known Member

Wow. well, then. I guess I deserve to die. Thank you for that.

14. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I'm wracking my brain but while I'm pretty sure that's not THE most offensive thing I've ever heard it's definitely top 5.

Men, I presume, are automatically justified in living even without contributing to producing children or anything else in your wacky system?

What about women that only want one child and then have it? What about after that? It seems to me that they've done all they'll do and they're basically in the same position as women that want none to begin with. Maybe we should kill 90% of all women and have the remainder bear 10+ each.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2010
  15. Withdrawn

I just can't stand the noise of children crying and screaming.
    I'm hypersensitive to sound, because I have sensory issues.
    I want to be alone all the time. I don't want to have people around me.
    And since I have autism, it's 90% risk I'll get an autistic child.
    Autistic children have special needs, just like me.

No babies here, no!

I take offence I obviously don't deserve to live because of my non-chosen difficulties. :huh:

16. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Thanks to the principle of freedom of choice, if you would produce the best and happiest humans that ever existed and have no difficulty raising them in addition to doing everything you want to do, you would not be wrong in choosing not to. am I alive is a bigot.

17. KittyGirl

I sure am glad I am a robot right about now.

18. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Dance para para bot!!

I don't know if i want babies. I don't think i should be given that kind of responsibility, or breed my crazies for that matter.

I do want a family, i am just not sure it's going to be of the nuclear variety.

19. KittyGirl

There's kind of like... way too many people on the planet to begin with- so people who don't want to become baby-making machines and would rather wait until their 30's to have A - as in 1 and possibly another later on- baby are helping to save the world.

That is my view as a robot who can not reproduce.

Not wanting to rush into having babies that you may or may not be able to raise safely and properly is a good thing--- not in any way a bad thing.

20. alison

alison Well-Known Member

I used to want kids. I love children, and I love the concept of a family unit.

But now I'm not sure I'll ever be functional enough to take care of a child. Although I think I would love to be a mom, its not about me, its about the child. I need to get my shit together before I figure that out.

Also, I'm kind of terrified of having a baby in my stomach. It is grosses me out. So I think I would adopt. In addition to teh grossness of having a baby in my stomach, there are so many kids without homes.. I don't need to make new ones!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.