Do you beleive in psychic people?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by touglytobeloved, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

The question is simple, do you beleive or not? Do you have some experiences or no? Have you ever been to someone who can predict the future or see things?

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

It is a 6th sense we have that has been suppressed :smile:

3. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

well i think that some people are psykik, or however you spell it
    what do you think dezhavou is?
    i dont know how to spell it
    but its like when you feel like something happening now happened before

4. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

Yes psychic abilities are real. Most humans can't use them cause we aren't using our brains to the fullest. We have to train our minds to use them same as any thing else. Lots of fake psychics that do it for money, like sylvia brown. Things like telepathy, astral travel, remote viewing,precognition, clairvoyance are real imo.

I have had visions of the future. Never been able to avoid them coming true.

5. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

It is a possibility....but I myself don't believe in psychics.

6. ItThing

ItThing Well-Known Member

No... why?

7. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

this one time i was playing roulette and I knew it was going to be black, I knew it, so I bet black.

It came up red.

8. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

I agree with what Darken wrote.

9. Entoloma43

Entoloma43 Well-Known Member

With physic abilities and whatnot, people tend to pay more attention to the hits, and ignore all of the misses.

10. SadDude87

SadDude87 Well-Known Member

No, never.

11. ScouseJM

ScouseJM Well-Known Member

U mean dejavu... but I dunno how it comes about but yeah Ive had many

And yes I believe in psychics.. not all of them lol just generally

oh and about the hits and the misses, as long as theyre kind of even then i dont think thats a reason to doubt, it also depends on what the hits and the misses are in specific.. i dont belive psychics are only real if they never miss, theyre not perfect

12. touglytobeloved

What if I told you that I didnt beleived earlier, but im starting to, because I have seen it, and its real. Someone needs just to look at you, and then will be able to describe your family, bf/gf, how they look, the problems that you have, to the smallest detail.
    Would you beleive then, if someone is capable to do this?

13. zzz

zzz Well-Known Member

The purpose of spiritual development is to transform yourself, to clean out all the rubbish from your subconscious and dismantle your ego. This enables your natural sweet and loving nature to shine through; your mind becomes stable and your life improves.

Spiritual experiences and spiritual development have nothing to do with any nonsense like contacting the dead or predicting people’s futures etc. Psychic/occult experiences will only hinder spiritual development and are to be discouraged. There is no benefit in such things other than to make money.

However, I will relate one psychic experience that I had that was of a very practical nature.

I was in a very large, noisy and busy hall, one of many people interviewing members of the public. Anyway, this particular person sits down opposite me to be interviewed. When I looked up and into their eyes there was some kind of recognition between us. Despite being complete strangers it was obvious that we liked each other.

I had just completed the sentence ‘what is you name?’ when there was this big grating noise and the world came to a complete standstill. There was absolute silence. I was the only person still moving.

For some reason I was totally focused on the clothes that this person was wearing. They were of very good quality.

Then something started to appear on their breast pocket. It was a blank sheet of paper. Then words started to appear on the paper containing personal details about this person. Then it was as if the words jumped off the paper and into my mind. The paper disappeared and the same grating noise came back but in the opposite direction and the world started up again.

The next word I spoke was their name, which completed the sentence and was correct.

How I felt during this experience cannot be described with words.

Of course the world didn’t really stop, everything took place in my mind. But this experience shows that it is possible to experience timeless consciousness and it is possible to glean personal information about others with psychic power.

I have had much more profound spiritual experiences than this, which have proved to me beyond any doubt that I am not a physical being.

And yes, I know the mind is very powerful and can easily deceive you.

14. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

One of the people I work with seems to have this ability. She has read a few of the other staffs hands etc and it was pretty spot on what she said. Also, she was telling me of something that happened when her and the husband went for a meal. She had these random messages and she tried to ignore them but she couldn't, just before they left the restaurant she turned to the woman behind her, who this message was for, and she told her the message. I can't remember what it was now but the woman apparently broke down in tears and said thank you to her.

I do believe in psychic abilities, but I'd never pay to get my fortune read or whatever. Quite a few are money-making and that's about it. I was watching Derren Brown (he's an illusionist) on TV and he was doing this one trick where he "read the fortune" of 6 people. He wrote up the exact same reading for the 6 of them and each of them said it was spot on about them.

15. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

I don't completely rule it out, but I'm deeply skeptical. I guess as a practical matter I say "No, I do not," but on a theoretical level might be open to persuasion.

Personally, if I thought I had some sort of psychic ability I'd immediately line up for James Randi's Million dollar challenge and make some money. Speaks volumes to me that those who claim to have such a talent are unwilling to put their self-proclaimed talents to the test, when the remuneration is so great.

16. zzz

zzz Well-Known Member

I often replay this story in my mind. It took place before I had any interest in spiritual matters.

I was cycling over a huge 5000-metre plus mountain pass from Argentina into Chile. It was quite eerie, the top part being covered with thousands of huge stalagmites.

I was riding a lightweight-racing bicycle and was carrying very little gear; just a small musette bag slung over one shoulder containing a spare T-shirt, shorts, toothbrush, money, passport etc.

Progress was extremely slow due to the near impossible road conditions. It was already late afternoon and there was no sign of the summit. I had been lulled into a false sense of security, just enjoying the scenery and the incredibly clear blue sky, completely oblivious to the danger that I was in.

There were no other vehicles on this road and there were no towns or villages for another 160km in front of me.

Suddenly, someone tugged me on my shoulder. It was enough to frighten me and make me stop. I looked around but nobody was there. I looked up the road and felt rather uneasy. There was a strong sense of danger. At this altitude the temperature would drop to well below freezing after dark and the conditions were extremely exposed, rather like being on the moon. There were no places to shelter. The three dangers are the cold, the wind and the rain. At this altitude you would only be able to withstand one of them.

But what could I do, there was no way that I was going to turn around. I am far too determined and would have had to retrace my steps for about 700 miles, which was unthinkable. So I decided to increase my efforts and get to the top as soon as possible.

But as soon as I started off again, somebody grabbed me around the shoulders and pulled me off my bicycle. And they shouted at me: ’what are you doing?’

I looked over at a neighbouring peak and saw the shadow line as the sun dipped down behind the mountain. I was now in a blind panic.

I will end the story there, half way through.

So if there was nobody there then who pulled me off the bicycle?

If you do something really nice for somebody, you may have experienced a nice feeling in the area of the heart. Often people feel that they did something from the heart. But the heart is just a physical pump, nothing else is happening there. Heart refers to a deeper aspect of our consciousness. But because we think that we are a physical body the mind creates something that makes sense to us, and we perceive a feeling in the area of the physical heart.

Somebody warned me of the danger but I pulled myself off the bicycle.

Come on gmork, you know there’s more to you than a pile of bones, muscle and gristle.

17. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

Yes but I'm skeptical of so called 'psychics' who are out there to rob people or who just talk a lot of BS- there's a whole business out there, a whole language out there that I don't like...

I relate to a lot of what you say zzz.

I definitely am very sensitive to lots of things outside and inside of myself, and can pick up a lot.....a lot of what I've felt in the past too, it's all very normal. I don't think I know much about myself and what I can do but there's a lot there, I suppose I only know the tip of the iceburg of what I can do which is all a tangle. And right now I feel myself opening and shutting off a lot, spiritually- or whatever the word is, I'm very damaged in lots of ways and trying to recover. When I feel completely healed or am healing though, I can do lots of strange things...:laugh: I don't know...I don't know much about myself. I'm pretty fed up with talking about myself here anyway..:dry:

The things I was going through last summer was amazing though. Really amazing. :laugh:

I know very little of what I can do and I think i can do a lot but it's frightening on one level. I mean I remember going crazy in my room and an ex-'friend' texted me at the same time I was opening up a lot of trauma with him in my room and I was going mad, how strange is that and it was 1 am. and he texted me. I dunno.

my gf thinks i'm 'psychic' in her terms of being very open/pick up on things, and she knows people like me and she's very interested in things like those kind of things and reads up about them and is very thorough..

18. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Yes, I believe.

19. touglytobeloved

There are some psychic people that do not take money, they do it for free.

20. protonaut

protonaut Well-Known Member

That's an interesting link, gmork.

For those who aren't frequent flyers of the astral plane, consider ditching telepathy classes to find the paranormal ability that's right for you. Perhaps you're a descendant of Zeus capable of controlling clouds, or can make people urinate on command.

But let's not get off topic here.

I think there are humans who are highly perceptive, skilled at reading people and predicting outcomes of events, but that such skills rely on careful interpretation of sensory information. People who have a natural ability to notice patterns in human behavior and have mastered non-verbal communication are often considered prescient by the gullible. I believe that some are gifted at deceiving people into believing they're supernaturally gifted, or who are charismatic enough to charm people into getting what they want, but I very much doubt that any humans possess 'psychic powers' as defined in paranormal terms.

Who knows for sure... one day, it may be possible for humans to gain some form of psychic ability. If this ever happens, I mostly expect there'll be a lot more sex. Birth rates will reach an all time high, topping the previous records which will have occurred in the year an AIDS cure is publicly announced. Hey, that's humanity for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.