do you beleve in God?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by wants2die, Feb 25, 2009.

do you beleve in God?

1. yes

36 vote(s)
  2. no

76 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wants2die

wants2die Well-Known Member

my beleve in God is what is stopping me from killing myself
  2. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

God is very much real. and when you leave this body, this life behind you go into the diminsion of where God is and its a wonderfull place to go to!
  3. Digital Angel

Digital Angel Well-Known Member

There is almost certainly no god. Scientists have recently discovered what makes us susceptible to the belief in the supernatural. The universe does not have the characteristics of something that was created. When you die it'll be similar to sleeping without dreaming. You won't know it and you won't feel a thing.
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I voted no, I beleive in the great spirit!!
  5. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

I believe in God, but I'm not religious, if that makes sense.
  6. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Cant really vote cuz I believe in God but not the God of organized religion or cults. I believe in a God that is there to bring you into this world, gives you the reins to ride through your life and is there at the end to say you did the best you could.
  7. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

there is no god, when you are dead you are dead
  8. White Dove

i happen to know that my friend is not one bit true.

there is a God and when your body dies you go on... have you ever really came so close to death? well i have, been there, left my body, and know 100% without a doubt there is life after death.

will i listen to a scientist that says there is no life after death? heck no.. but i will be honest with you and tell you that before my experience i did not think there was anything after we died, but there is... you may not know it now but you will , you will and everyone else who do not believe will also when it comes their time! you were not put here for nothing, we were put here to learn, love, i know im talking to muddy water here by telling you this but your going to have your believes no matter what, but when you leave your body, then you will know! just like i did not know but when i left my body, i changed my outlook on death.. its just a passage, there is somewhere to go after this life.. if you try and take your life to escape the pain, you wont escape, you just go from this life to the next diminision.. it would be nice if you could but you cant, and you will only know that when your body dies and you leave this lifetime.
  9. White Dove

you going to take a scientist word for it!

true, you wont feel any pain but you do feel a jolt when you leve your body, then you are like air, very light but when and if you get the chance to come back into your body you immediatly feel sharp pain, been there done that and no scientist anywhere can ever tell me that i did not leave my body, no scientist anywhere can ever tell me that there is nothing after we pass away cause i for one know that what they teach is a full lie! and i would challeng them on it anytime.
  10. Digital Angel

Digital Angel Well-Known Member

I'm not taking a scientist's word for it. You can't test the afterlife with science. However, the fact that our brains are prone to supernatural belief/explaining things despite evidence gives a good reason why so many people believe it. The reason I don't believe in the afterlife or god is that there is not a shred of evidence for them. Also, if there is a god I doubt my belief in him would matter to get to where I want to go in the afterlife and if it did I wouldn't worship him/her/it anyway.

So in short, it is 99.99999999% likely there is no god and no afterlife and we are all going to cease to exist when we die.
  11. White Dove

not a shred of evidence?

how did this world get here then? they will say the big bang theory right? okay, what about the universes? yes theres more then one,, so they just happen to explode and appear? out of nowhere?

okay, on this planet, trees, grass, food, birds, animals, and people, where did they come from? what made us? okay scientist say we came from monkeys, okay, what made the first monkey? it just came up when the big bang happened? oh and the stars that are out there, just so happened to appear out of no where?

the chicken or the egg which came first? how did it get here? how did the water get here upon earth? if the planet had exploded into exsistence then how come the fire from the explosion did not burn up all the water on the planet? how about the moon and the other planets, how did they get here?

okay how about this universes that holds all these planets, how did it appear? so all these planets, all these plants, all the animals and even us just so happened to appear miraculsy, what about how we make babies, we just so happened to exsist and make babies with a reproductive organs, they just appeared upon us? why dont the scientist explain that?

okay something had to make the planets explode according to the big bang theroy, the gas had to be there, what made the gas? that caused the explosion, that made the earth?

hmmm aliens maybe??????

there is a GOD, he made everything.. no scientist can dismis that fact, they can lie and lie until they think they have it right but its not so.. they can never replace God. God made everything and he can destroy everything just as quickly
  12. the fleet asleep

the fleet asleep Well-Known Member

the main difference between religion and science is that science doesnt see religion as a threat. i dont think i need to elaborate on it further.

fact is, science has done things that wouldve floored people 2000 years ago. we can spilt and fuse atoms, we can calculate distance and fly a 2 meter sattelite to another planet. we can see microbes, and study their innner workings. science is the single most beneficial component to mankind. science is the only mechanism thats based on objective thinking.

that being said, science cant disprove god, as god can never be disproved. if science ever could single handedly disprove god, theyd likely not release said explanation. if they did, theyd simply be called liars. this is why most scientists dont consider god in their workings, as their smart enough to know that you cant battle beleif and win. whether youre right or not doesnt matter, because human beings are infinitely stubborn.

theres no proof there is god, and theres no proof theres not. you can say anything to the contrary, but as far as real objective proof goes, theres none to either extent. you can just as easily dismiss one as you could the other, as they are 2 extremes, and in the universe, theres infintite possibilities. the odds of the real answer laying at either extreme are microscopic.

believe if you want, science doesnt care. science is as much about faith as christianity is about tolerance. it claims to work with it, but it really doesnt when you come down to it. science will continue advancing as long as theres a will to learn, religion will never progress beyond what it is, as everything has already been explained as far as theyre concerned
  13. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

in 100 years people are going to look at our era and laugh at our belief in god, people are going to live for the day and life will be much better because people will actually appreciate life

god, afterlife:laugh::laugh:
  14. MourningAngel

MourningAngel Well-Known Member

yes, that's one of the things that stopped me from killing myself and helps me keep going
  15. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

I answered "no" since deny the existence of:

• a personal and loving deity, as in Christianity
    • the nonsense posited by Buddhism and Hinduism, which ultimately amounts to the same thing
    • an eternal, immaterial human soul

...and since it appears that the poster who set the poll up posits a god along those lines, I thought a "no" answer was both reasonable and correct.

However I might have answered "yes" had the OP simply posited a god who created the universe, and maintains its physical laws - something akin to Deism.
  16. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

i answered no because im more inclined to believe the science of how we got here rather than the religion.

not to mention the fact that religion as a whole can be the cause of so many different wars and knowing that religion can be the root cause of so many innocent people who have died for their country really upsets me

but thats my belief and i would prefer not to argue them
  17. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

i don't believe in God, to me there is no proof to uphold this belief, theres a book that was written so long ago that no one can say if they did, not one bit of evidence to say there is an almighty being.
    there is proof of evolution which is what i believe but i don't dispute the power of belief.
    but most wars happen in the name of god !!!!
  18. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

No i dont, i studied the main 7 religions of the world, and i found each to be flawed and based around similar versions of rules. albeit some are more vast ie hinduism (as they have many gods).
    one arguement i hold against religion is that if there is a "god" why did he allow for so many other religions to form? and if you are going to say its really the same god over all the religions, then why do you say other religions are inferior or wrong to your own?

another thing i found was the IPU; invisable pink unicorn.
    that is a "faith" arguement made for the arguement AGAINST religions, and i think it holds so much truth to it i dont have to explain it.

so No i dont believe, and i am happy i am not hypnoised into believe there is a god. and that i have my own free will.
  19. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

I don't disbelieve anything because we know nothing.
  20. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Given a thorough lack of evidence FOR or AGAINST the idea of God(s), I am undecided.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.