Do you believe in an afterlife?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Fumahol, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fumahol

Fumahol Active Member

Not only do I believe in it, I really hope there is one.

2. Moat

Moat Banned Member

From someone who is able to see ghosts, has a high level of empathic ability yet does not believe in religion or any of that doctrine of such existence of a 'god', I am somewhat torn on the subject.

3. Kharma

Kharma Well-Known Member

I hope not. Like everything else I hope for though, I'll pro'ly get screwed there, too.

4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

I don't think so, no. Truth be told I hope there isn't. When this is over, I would like it to be over over.

5. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I have to agree with your assessment.

6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I'm in the same boat as Leif---I've had experiences with spirits, but I'm agnostic so I'm not sure if there is an afterlife. Would be interesting if there is though.

7. deathangel101

deathangel101 Well-Known Member

honestly ive had enough of the damn spirits myself because they bother me when im trying to sleep
    when im by myself they give me visions of how they died and its just creepy and scary as shit
    lord i just wanna die and lay peacefully in my grave

8. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

Life will go on after I die, it just won't be my life.

9. PJLane

PJLane Well-Known Member

im agnostic, if there is anything i think maybe recarnation is the only possible thing. heaven and hell are just to illogical for me - there would be millions of spirts / people / pets etc. there. i dont know if id be happy if i found out id actually get to 'live' for eternity either

10. Kharma

Kharma Well-Known Member

Heaven would be the very definition of hell... boring.
    Nothing could ever change: either it is perfect bliss, or it needs to change to become perfect bliss. If it needs to become perfect bliss, then it isn't heaven. Once at the state of perfect bliss, any change would be leaving the state of perfect bliss... so one couldn't change or it would no-longer be heaven.

All the time... endless aeons... minute after minute.... week after week.... decade after decade.... Always... forever... the same.

Thanks, but no thanks...

It (heaven, nirvana, some magical kingdom... ) doesn't exist - at least, it doesn't exist as advertised. Just my opinion.

11. ellorian

ellorian Well-Known Member

Yes I do and my wife rejoined the divine almost a year ago.

That left me alone until I can rejoin her, which is all I want out of life now. Of course I also accept that I could be wrong and that there might be absolutely nothing. Well then I want out of life too cos it was only meaningful with her in it.

12. cherie

cherie Member

I can see why people would believe in it.. But not me. I believe there is something greater than us, but it's not what the Bible or any religion says to be.

13. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Not really.. Am having enuf trouble currently just doing the present life..

14. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I have no idea what happens after death... so I can't say for sure. I'm agnostic, and I have a hard time buying into most religious beliefs, but I don't discount the possibility of some sort of higher power or alternate plane of existence. Human beings are made up of energy and matter, after all, and that energy and matter still remains a part of the universe after we have passed. True, it's possible that we simply cease to exist, but I've experienced things that cause me to question that... certainly not enough evidence to make a positive conclusion one way or the other, but enough for me to keep an open mind.

15. Shane96

Shane96 Member

Yesterday when i tried to kill myself with pills and alchohol i fell asleep and when i woke up, for a moment i thought that i was IN the afterlife, it was quiet all around me and all i saw was my white cealing, i thought to myself "Is this it?So there really is a life after death." But then i realised i was in my room with an empty bottle beside me. I really felt good at the begining though, knowing for a moment that there is an afterlife felt really euphoric, i hope it really is true

16. letmego3

letmego3 Well-Known Member

yes i believe we have souls and are part of something greater.

17. BrinkOfExistence

BrinkOfExistence Well-Known Member

I'm really not sure I like to come up with my own theories, none that I actually believe in but it's fun thinking about them and imagining what it would be like to experience them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.