do you believe in fate?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by walkin, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walkin

walkin Active Member

I have had a rougher time than usual lately, and Im wondering if this was all meant to be, the depression, suicidal thoughts, all of it as some sort of punishment for my soul by god or the universe.. I feel like Im being punished... but i dont know what for exactly..

2. Shifter

Shifter Well-Known Member

screw fate.....its a story telling element that's over applied to life. If i clearly stated my view you may get worse and go off on suicide, but i don't think fate is real :\

3. walkin

walkin Active Member

You think- because u said that fate isnt real that it would tip me over the edge and kill myself- yeah right!- itll take more than that. I dont care what ur view is because i dont really care................................................................ and besides i dont believe in anything -
    I was just pondering and asking the question anyway:mad:

but dont worry i wont talk in this place anymore- no one can offer me any help here anyway:mad:

4. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

sometimes it takes things to happen to see exactly how strong we are to cope with things. some people can and some people cant. i do have a habit of believing in fate due to certain things that have happened in my life.

its a horrible thought thinking that ok this is how things are meant to be.. im meant to live with depression but its how you live with it and what you do to cope with it. i mean its a case of seeing if your strong enough to admit it and do something about it. just with a lot of other things in life. i think its more about how you cope with things but fate does come into it.. as well as a certain chemical inbalance in the brain

i dont know if that makes any sense or if that helps but please dont push us away because of one post that has hurt you. a lot of people do genuinly support others and i wouldnt want you to think that this place is full of people that wont. please give the forum another chance x :hug:

5. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Isn't "fate" just another word for god or pre-determinism? If everything is pre-determined, then why not just sit in one spot and wait for the inevitable? Everything is so much easier if one believes that all is pre-determined or a product of fate. I don't mean to minimize your issues, but my feeling is that it has nothing to do with fate. I've had similar feelings about being punished etc...but this was long ago. My depression and thoughts are a result of my choices in life, bad ones. The following line is from a Woddy Allen movie " after all, we are defined by the choices we make". I don't know your history, but if you need meds try and get them, if not....try and change a few things and perhaps your situation will change. But I do not believe in fate! Just choices and perhaps some circumstances that are initially out of our control, which by the way, can probably still be altered.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2009
  6. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I think it is our fate to one day be back with God. Besides that I think it's chaotic and unpredictable.

7. Regenesis

Regenesis Well-Known Member

I am atheist.I don't believe in faith.

8. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

I believe in reincarnation but not fate and I don't believe in karma. I believe you are simply reborn and then you die and then on and on the cycle continues. But don't get me wrong I don't know what you could become in the next possible rebirth. It might be something small like simple energy, or you might become a human, a fish, and for laughs moss.

9. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

Me too, fate seems to be determined by a higher power, of which I don't believe exists.

I do hower believe in the theory of 'Shit Happens'

10. Regenesis

Regenesis Well-Known Member

:pope: :starwars: :fence:
    PS:I meant fate.It was a typing mistake,but they pronounce the same.Anyway,I don't believe in any of them.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2009
  11. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. Often I feel a really strong sense of deja-vu, I don't know how to explain that. It;s as if i've been here before.

I know i've felt sadness and disconnection my whole life though. Even as a young boy I remember. Maybe my destiny is to bow out early like so many others have.

12. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any true proof of fate..?

13. DiscoverPeaceOfMind

DiscoverPeaceOfMind Active Member

Fate is what happens when you drift through life. So yes, believe in fate if you choose to drift. Fate allows you to drift within the confines of your comfort zone, paralysing you with it's addiction.

If you decide to actively pursue your life's purpose then fate does not exist. This is the area just outside your comfort zone. It is the Living Zone. The place where action meets adventure, where you Discover Peace of Mind.

14. walkin

walkin Active Member

hey, I am such an over reacting jerk and Im a little embarrssed with my last comments on this thread. So I apoligize ( I cant even spell it- what a idiot) to shifter for over reacting and anyone else I might have offended.

conclusion to my pondering of wether life is fated or not- its proably not, but no one will know for sure untill the end i guess

Im tryin real hard to be postive now, but its tough in this world, but I can only try one more time to breathe and live life- even if im living a lonely exisitence:huh:

By the way - darkrider- your not alone and dont bow out early because your show isnt over yet

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2009
  15. jamie2

jamie2 Active Member

I used to believe in fate but eventually I ended up noticing that it was simply childish to believe that fate exists because it is simply just a way to offer meaning to your actions and sometimes to those actions you regret. Although it may sound great that your life has a purpose, if you continue to simply assume this purpose will one day hit you or you will meet someone someday through these actions, it is just simply not true. I just don't wish to hurt myself more by assuming and having faith in the mythical or spiritual without any evidence. This is just my opinion and believe though.

Anyways I wanted to add, some old philosophy on fate stated that fate exists since all the actions you take are consequences of thoughts and behaviors you have. For example, you may assume that what you do today, or tomorrow, was a choice of your free will, but there lies a reason as to why you did what you did. For instance, why are you even bothering to talk in or read this messageboard? There is a reason why you choice to be here, you may have assumed that you came here because you wanted to but when thought thoroughly is that truthfully the only reason?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2009
  16. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

yes i do

17. walkin

walkin Active Member

huh .... your right jamie2 ... I dont know why I Came back here..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.