Do you believe in fate

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by S1l3nc3r, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S1l3nc3r

S1l3nc3r Well-Known Member

Right nearly three years ago my ex left taking my daughter with her. I've spent the last 3 years very unhappy and going through the court system trying to get her back. Durin time she got with another man had another baby and just moved on with her life. I've also spent 2 of these years searchin for love again and got nowhere everything I tried seemed to flop. So a year ago I gave up searching and put myself down as being single for the rest of my life. To be honest I've gotten quite used to it now. But my cousin asked me to be best man at his wedding I wasn't going to do it but in the end I agreed as it gave me some focus and at the wedding I find a woman who I find attractive I never bothered doing anything about it at the time mainly being to shy. Untill my younger brother who has been chatting to her tells me she likes me so I work up the courage to say hi to her just as she is leaving for home we swaped numbers quickly. And as it turns out I couldn't of found a more similar person to myself in ways of interest and views on life. So in everything I've tried that failed I gave up then it hits me straight in the face.
    Fate? Possibly.

2. damage.case

damage.case Well-Known Member

Fate and luck are just ways to describe something unlikely that happened. The world is ruled by chance and circumstance.

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

To an extent I guess. But I believe you control your own destiny.

4. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

I would just call that good luck, personally. Nothing too mysterious about it.

At any rate, I'm certainly happy you found this person. Fate or not, finding a connection like that is definitely something to celebrate.

5. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

In a way, I do, yes. But probably in a different way than how you see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.