Do you believe in life after death?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by VonBlown, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VonBlown

VonBlown Well-Known Member

Just wondering what people thought.

2. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

That totally depends on your definition of "life" for a start. Most people like to think that although their life is shit, they'll move on to something better, so they can't believe in life after death, surely? But they believe in something, something that we can't possibly know or begin to understand until we're there maybe. I like to think there's something more than oblivion now, truth is though, I have no idea. I've had this sort of idea that maybe death is what everybody wants it to be, in their own minds? But then those you have an amazing bond with, be it friends family or loved ones, are there with you, not just part of your imagination. But I could be completely wrong, Who knows. I like to believe there is something after life though, yes.

3. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I like to think that there's something after life(well after you die). Kinda excites me to know that really anything could be waiting on the other side. If we have a life time of sadness maybe there's a different prize waiting on the other side :D.

4. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

I'd like to think that there is. Like, you can either get reincarnated or you can move on to whatever's afterwards...

I don't know though. I guess you wouldn't know until it happens to you.

5. me1

me1 Well-Known Member

I do not believe that what we call 'life' represents existence in its entirety.

6. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Yes there is. I truly believe that we have eternal souls and that when we die, it is just our physical body that dies, but our essence that which makes us, us....lives on in some form. My faith teaches me that.

7. LDA

LDA Well-Known Member

No, I truly don't.

8. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I hope there is but I'm very doubtful. I am terrified of reincarnation- one trip through life in the flesh is more than enough!!!

9. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I truly hope there isnt. This one has been bad enough.

10. Tavil

Tavil Well-Known Member

Used to.
    Wish their was a life after death, but pretty good chance their is not.

11. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I'm not sure whether I believe or not. The idea of life after death (sounds like an oxymoron) seems to be just a coping mechanism for people who fear death and don't want life to end. On the flip side, some people here have had a hard life so they don't believe in life after death (or simply hope there isn't). It seems to depend on how our lives have been. If we have souls, then maybe we live on after death, but since the soul is not scientifically proven I won't rely on it. It is also just as possible that we have souls and that they die when we die. This is the one that makes the most sense to me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2010
  12. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I'd like to think there is some place we go to find some sort of peace but no, I don't believe there is. When we die, we're gone. I don't believe in some magical heaven or a lake of fire. That's just silly, imo...

13. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

won't believe it til i see it.

and the only way to see it, is to die, which, i don't intend to do. at least not in the foreseeable future.

14. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I did when I was little.

But I outgrew that just as I did Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.