Do you believe in magic & wizardry?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by 2cents, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2cents

2cents Well-Known Member

just wanted to know more, came across this thing about magic and wizardry stuff while browsing through some article. its like a new world with tarot card, mojo bag, charms & crystal balls - i am a skeptic yet intrigued by the talk over some people who believe in it.
    So what's your view on this matter? :blink:

2. psycho8

psycho8 Well-Known Member

i believe in most of it, like crystal healing, horoscopes, tarot cards, palm reading, vampires etc.

3. ColdSummer

ColdSummer Well-Known Member

a few years back me and a few friends got into the whole magic thing, we read spell books and did seances'. It's all a bit of fun, but it did get quite scary, hearing about horror stories about black magic and having weird stuff happen we gave up on it. but I do find it very interesting.

4. Here's someone who does "magic" with very few props at all

:blink:
    David Blaine's - "Street Magic"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYxu_MQSTTY
    (see other videos - especially "levitation")

5. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

I try to keep an open mind about it.

6. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I like to read horroscopes, and i have in the past had my fortune told. as to whether or not i believe in it, i'm not sure :laugh:

7. Stormhand

Stormhand Well-Known Member

I have always been a skeptic, I have to see it to believe it exists, but things like ghosts, the undead and magic I have always had a curiosity of.

I;d love to one day see with my own eyes a ghost, a human doing magic, and I don't mean an illusionist..

8. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

i used to do tarot card readings for friends and then got a bit too 'good' (i dont know if thats the right word to use) at it and didnt like saying the bad things that would happen which eventually did. had this horrible guilty feeling and so i stopped doing them for friends. started doing runes but i only do rune readings for myself despite being asked an awful lot to do readings for other people.

have always had encounters with ghosts for as long as i can remember. some of which still freak me out just thinking about them even now after they happened years ago

do quite a few spells every now and again which have always worked. they are always white magic though as theres 3tiers to it all - white, grey and black

9. xan

xan Chat Buddy

I'd like all that stuff to be real.... but I don't really believe :sad:

10. flowerpot

flowerpot Well-Known Member

i am a wizard

11. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

I would like to believe but have never experienced anything to suggest it's true. Some day I hope.

12. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

No. It is all utter garbage, far more ridiculous than even Christianity.

The only way someone could believe in this twaddle is to turn their brain off, at which point they become the willing dupes of con artists, liars and cult leaders.

Or, to slice it differently: Why don't any of these lying punks step up to the plate and take James Randi's One Million Dollar Challenge? Gee, I wonder. :rolleyes:

13. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

magic is not the same as psychic.

answer to the question.. yes

14. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I believe there is other dimensions, a spiritworld, otherworldy phenomena

but it can all be explained, even if we can't understand it on this plane of existence

15. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

No, well unless I happen to be reading a fantasy novel or something.

16. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

17. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

Amazingly I don't >_> even though I was a huge Harry Potter fan. I.E owning all the movies and stuff. Nothing has really jumped at me suggesting it's real. I'll believe it when I see it. I think the only person who's a amazing in terms of the mind. Is Criss Angel Mind Freak...

Trevor,

18. HawthornePassage

HawthornePassage Well-Known Member

I don't, and Criss Angel is just about the biggest joke ever.

Jesus,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.