Do you believe in UFOs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that God and the Angels, by that I mean the Highest powers of life, have always been and forever will be guarding us and our world against harmful influences from anywhere in the whole of Creation.

I don't know if you still want answers but here we go:

1. In your opinion, do UFOs and/or aliens exist? (in any context) - please feel free to elaborate on what you think is out there (or what isn't)
given the sheer size of the universe and the sheer diversity of planets I would say it is likely that life under any kind of form (called lyfe by researchers)
lyfe.png
Regarding extraterrestrial civilisation, I think they likely exist/have existed/will exist. but in far lower numbers than simpler forms of lyfe.

2. Would you feel comfortable in openly admitting to the people in your life (outside of SF) that you believe/don't believe? (why?)
Yes, absolutely. Why? Because my opinion is based on critical thinking and rational use of information. If someone formulates convincing arguments in either direction, I would gladly adjust my opinion

3. Have you ever seen a UFO/alien/extra terrestrial? (and do you know anyone else that has?)
No, I haven't. I do not know of anyone who has. (but I know people who believe they have)
4. If you were doing a photographic project based on the history of UFO activity in your country, what kind of images would you want to see (keeping in mind that getting to take one of a sighting will be near impossible)?
I think this would take the form of recreating what people claim they saw. For instance in france there is a case of two children seeing a flying machine. Later it was made clear that it was a military helicopter but this is still something crazy UFO-person claim is a decent proof. I suppose the project would expose what the imagination wants us to see compared to what reality is about.
Weird sightings are very common, and it's quite astounding how people report the moon as being a ufo...

pooky

You are valuable
Nope, because no one has seen one. There is not a single evidence of UFOs which is accepted by the experts and the public without any dispute. Ufos are usually military aircrafts and secondly, there is controversy regarding the rest one percent but not one definite evidence. Guys, we are alone in this planet. Good for us;)

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I believe whole-heartedly in UFO's, in that there are documented occurrences of things flying and people not knowing what they are looking at, hence "Unidentified Flying Objects", but if you were to ask me if little green men (or the non-sarcastic equivalent) existed, I would have to go ahead and say no. The universe is enormous and grand and powerful and varied and I think that life is just one of an infinite number of little quirks of the universe and the universe is big enough and complex enough to not have to repeat a trick, and even if there is life out there aside from us, there is no need for it to be in any form which we would interpret as life, the high likelihood is that even if life exists out there, we would never recognise it, and it would likely not recognise us.

PrincessPure

I always ask myself why would my belief matter at the end of the day.

Well I do not, but I hope aliens exist and that we would meet someday. Hopefully they will teach us lots of new stuff lol.

Legate Lanius

I believe whole-heartedly in UFO's, in that there are documented occurrences of things flying and people not knowing what they are looking at, hence "Unidentified Flying Objects", but if you were to ask me if little green men (or the non-sarcastic equivalent) existed, I would have to go ahead and say no. The universe is enormous and grand and powerful and varied and I think that life is just one of an infinite number of little quirks of the universe and the universe is big enough and complex enough to not have to repeat a trick, and even if there is life out there aside from us, there is no need for it to be in any form which we would interpret as life, the high likelihood is that even if life exists out there, we would never recognise it, and it would likely not recognise us.
Well we have a definiton of the word "life" it's an organism with cells, no? So we can identify all "life", but I see what you mean. I just looked that up to be sure and someone has to send an email to my former biology teacher who screwed up...

Well we have a definiton of the word "life" it's an organism with cells, no? So we can identify all "life", but I see what you mean. I just looked that up to be sure and someone has to send an email to my former biology teacher who screwed up...
I gave the standard (accepted by the scientific community) definition of life in a broad sense, which we call lyfe (and both pronounce the exact same). (it's the Venn diagramm)

You can find much more information (like why these four things) here if you're curious:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/ar... any,autocatalysis, homeostasis, and learning.

Dark111

FORMER SF SUPPORTER
"No other object has been misidentified as a flying saucer more often than the planet Venus.
Even the former leader of your United States James Earl carter jr, thought he saw a UFO once. But it's been proven he only saw the planet Venus. Venus was at its peak brilliance last night. You probably thought you saw something up in the sky other than Venus, but I assure you, it was Venus. You scientists have yet to discover how neural networks create self-consciousness, let alone how the human brain processes 2 dimensional retinal images into 3 dimensional phenomena known as perception. Yet you, somehow brazenly declare seeing is believing? Your scientific illiteracy makes me shudder. And I wouldn't flaunt your ignorance by telling anyone that you saw anything last night other than the planet Venus." ~ "Jose Chung's From Outer Space" Season 3, The X-Files.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
"No other object has been misidentified as a flying saucer more often than the planet Venus.
Even the former leader of your United States James Earl carter jr, thought he saw a UFO once. But it's been proven he only saw the planet Venus. Venus was at its peak brilliance last night. You probably thought you saw something up in the sky other than Venus, but I assure you, it was Venus. You scientists have yet to discover how neural networks create self-consciousness, let alone how the human brain processes 2 dimensional retinal images into 3 dimensional phenomena known as perception. Yet you, somehow brazenly declare seeing is believing? Your scientific illiteracy makes me shudder. And I wouldn't flaunt your ignorance by telling anyone that you saw anything last night other than the planet Venus." ~ "Jose Chung's From Outer Space" Season 3, The X-Files.
Sometimes brazenity makes wonder wonderful! Then at other times perhaps I'm in agreement with the above and then relapsing into wonder...

Dark111

FORMER SF SUPPORTER
Sometimes brazenity makes wonder wonderful! Then at other times perhaps I'm in agreement with the above and then relapsing into wonder...
That particular X-Files episode was a piss-take of itself, and quite funny. You had all these multiple retellings of particular events, with varying degrees of unreliable/crazy narrators. It's considered more of a stand alone episode that as part of the overall UFO narrative.

dandelion s

RAW, well done
SF Supporter
That particular X-Files episode was a piss-take of itself, and quite funny. You had all these multiple retellings of particular events, with varying degrees of unreliable/crazy narrators. It's considered more of a stand alone episode that as part of the overall UFO narrative.
did i ever even see any? i can’t really remember but maybe yes. this one in question now? i don’t think so, but one fine day i do intend to sit down and gather everything i’ve missed in life and experience it all.... til then, i’ve got to listen to what other people say...

There's a lot of evidence but strangely it always seems to be near air bases. Also it seems to be before the time when everybody walked around with a phone in their pocket that could film them.
Even so the likelihood of there not being advanced civilisations out there seems very arrogant on our part I believe a wiser species could come here and monitor us just as naturalists watch animals from a distance without disturbing them? Let's keep our minds open.
But really, yes, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00