Do you believe that love conquers all?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by boo, Oct 22, 2010.

Do you believe that love conquers all?

1. Yes, always.

2. Not at all.

3. Sometimes depending on the situation.

4. Dont believe in love.

5. Others (please specify)

1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Well do you? :eek:hmy:
  2. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

no..i feel if i was to ever find love again,it wont be enough
  3. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I used to think so. But it turns out that the closer you get to someone, the more it'll fuck you up. So for me, I'm done with love. Me myself and I might not be as happy alone, but we sure as well won't be as hurt when things end up falling apart. I was born alone and I'm damn well gonna die alone.
  4. XsweetpoetX

XsweetpoetX Well-Known Member

No. Love isn't real.
  5. Landlocked blues

Landlocked blues Well-Known Member

Well speaking as someone in love and married AND on this forum, i would say as great as it is, its not enough sadly.
  6. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I think that the only way for love to be able to conquer all is if you became completely dependent on that person and enjoyed it. But then the other one in that relationship would hate that, unless they loved being depended on and not doing anything else ever. I doubt love could ever be.. everything. People like their own space too much. They like independence.
  7. whoaaxxsamm

whoaaxxsamm Well-Known Member

Sometimes, it all depends on how strong the love you feel is.
    The love I have for my sister, will forever conquer all.
  8. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

only for so long~
  9. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

A few months from now the divide between Edmonton and Toronto will have killed love for me twice :\

It conquers mental illness pretty adequately, though.
  10. Nyu

Nyu Well-Known Member

11. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

I cant believe in something i have never experienced
  12. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

Bah this whole love conquers all idea is nothing but a giant crock of a shit

Wesley Snipes said it best, it only happens in Disney films.
  13. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I still love my ex partner after 4 years apart but I won't have him back so no love doesn't conquer all..
    I loved my son more than my life and he's gone so NO
  14. Socialman

Socialman Well-Known Member

Depends what type of love. If it's an normal affectionate bond, then yes. If it's puppy love romantic feelings that only last for two years or so, then no.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

Love is not real, like fairies and unicorns, you just want to believe in it. Like you wanted to believe in Santa.
  16. LillMy8989

LillMy8989 Well-Known Member

Love isn't that strong I'm sorry.
  17. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member kinda does. But chances are the other person doesn't feel the same.

18. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

used to listen to Billy Ocean singing the same song and just SOB. Now I can't be bothered.
  19. dartofabaris

dartofabaris Well-Known Member

Person's who have suffered by the pangs of unrequited love are fearful of its repetition, which may lead to a depression loop. I have no doubt in love as an ideal: 'tis a consummation devoutly to be wished (contextual application of Shakespeare)', or it lies on the topmost bough unpicked for it lays unripe (Sappho); for many writing in this thread, it seems like love has been found then lost, either due to self-deception or powers lying beyond our control. But i remember the nicer moments, which are frankly the last straw holding me; i found that it helps if i no longer remember the person during such reminices, but just how it made me feel.
  20. jasonkramer

jasonkramer Well-Known Member

i doubt it. have the cops make you a suspect for some nasty illegal sex act and see how long it takes for your partner or family to leave. you have to be pretty special for people not to leave you, even over a false accusation.