Do you belive?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Izziebabystar, Jan 6, 2009.

Do you belive in any of these?

1. Vampires

3 vote(s)
  2. Werewolves

0 vote(s)
  3. Shapechanges

1 vote(s)
  4. Other (please comment)

9 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Izziebabystar

Izziebabystar Well-Known Member

Do you belive in any of the creatures from fantisy tales?
    if yes then why
    if no then why not

oh and also take our pole
  2. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

No, I don't believe in any of them.

I've never seen one and I've never seen or heard a source I'd consider reputable that affirms theri existence.

There's more than one of you?

And I can't take your poll. There's no way to give a no answer.

Anyway, your poll is confusing. By definition a werewolf is a subset of shapechanger, the "were-" prefix being something akin to "man." I guess you could stick it on everything from a guppy to an eagle to a Bengal tiger and have yourself a wereguppy, wereeagle and weretiger.
  3. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

No, I don't believe in creatures from fantasy, because they are from fantasy.
  4. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I don't believe in fantasy creatures because they don't exist, but I do believe in ghosts. :tongue:
  5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

What we believe about reality becomes our reality. These things are not real for me but I don't doubt they could be real for someone else.
  6. stinkymouse

stinkymouse Well-Known Member

no i dont...but i carnt vote cause you have to vote for at least one.
  7. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

8. fromthatshow

How do you know they don't exist?
    Is seeing really believing?

Do you believe that Pluto exists? Have you ever seen Pluto with your own eyes? Eyes can be deceiving though. If you saw it your mind could have been playing tricks on you. Have you ever been to Pluto? I say Pluto doesn't exist.

Neither does anything else I've never seen, like France, or the Pope.
  9. lake1989

lake1989 Well-Known Member

I don't believe because I haven't meet any fantasy creatures, although there were a few unexplained events in history like Beast of GĂ©vaudan :wink:
  10. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

I believe that these creatures usually just refer to the beastial nature of humans, and our deep seeded fears of anything that is different.
  11. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

12. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I agree with Spencer
  13. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

Though you make a good point, the fact is no one has seen werewolves or vampires, unless they are hallucinating. They're just storybook creatures, werewolves, vampires, jesus, it's just all from a book.
  14. fromthatshow

But there is no way to prove that they are hallucinating and you are not. All we have to go on is what the majority agree to be real, but the majority very well could be wrong.
  15. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

I don't believe any of the creatures above have ever existed.

I love all the tales though...Bram Stoker's 'Dracula' is an excellent work.
  16. In a sense vampires because there are people who like to mimic fantasy creatures and they actually drink peoples blood but the rest I don't think I believe in them. I believe in ghosts to some extent also but seeing is believing for me.
  17. levitated-one

levitated-one Well-Known Member

I have seen: ghosts/spirits
    I have not seen, but believe might exist today: E.T. and UFO spacecrafts, bigfoot, elemental beings, angels.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.