Do you blame other people for the shape you are in

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by wastedmylife, Sep 11, 2008.

?

Do you blame other people for the shape you are in

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    40.5%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    59.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

No, where will that get me?

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

It may be selfish of me but yes I do blame others. I blame my parents for not giving me the guidance I needed when I was younger, I blame teachers because they made my life hell. I blame my past friends because they treated me badly.

4. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

No, no one can be blamed for the way my life has turned out so far, it is MY life, I make my own decisions, just like everyone else. To blame someone else for your problems is just silly.

5. wastedmylife

that is not true, lets say it is a society problem a group of people who control who society is run and it makes it hard for the really good decent people

lets say people wronged you or did stuff to you when you were a child or even a grown up

everyone is different

6. fromthatshow

We can only be responsible for ourselves. It's true bad things can happen to us but we can control our reactions and where we take our life from there.

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

This is a hard question. I can blame the people that made the choices to alter my life through the things they did. Yet I cannot say for certainty that it would have turned out differently. I guess I hold them responsible but I don't blame them.

8. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Blaming others for our own mistakes will get us nowhere. Now if someone actually did something bad to you, then you can blame them. It's just easier to blame someone else than to accept responsibility for our own actions.

9. fromthatshow

Why does blame need to be placed at all?

10. wastedmylife

I find your signature insteresting, that type of group is one of the people I have a problem in society about

and that is not true, if the country you live in is evil how do you expect decent people to be able to live good happy lives, it is virtually impossible, case and point present day America

11. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I only blame myself because even thow people used me, I was the one who decided to keep being with them. I don't know what else to say I blame myself and that is the way it is!!!:chopper:!!!

12. fromthatshow

Again, we can choose to react to situations however we want. When you find internal peace then you are not as affected my the external world.

13. wastedmylife

again if there is a society misfunction, and you live in a evil society that is evil and brainwashed, and you are a decent person, it is hard not to place blame and get angry

Would you say a Jew who was living in Nazi germany and spent years in a concentration camp should just take responsibility , how about that jew who had his rights taken away and slowly felt like he was becoming less of a human, should he just accept it and be forced to a ghetto and then to these camps where he didnt know what was going on

14. wastedmylife

it is impossible to find internal peace in the country I live(and the country you live)

based on the people who control this country

just impossible to find any peace here

15. fromthatshow

What are his choices? Let's say he and his family are in a death camp. He can spend the last of his days cursing everyone for the state he is in, dying bitter, or he can accept it, and despite his horrid surroundings, try to live out his last days the best that he can, and perhaps find something small to be thankful for, even in the worst of times.

And it is not impossible to find peace. There are moments of my life when I have felt it. People in this country I think spend too much time focusing on all things external rather than internal. I think it is very fortunate to be alive in this country at this time because it is most certainly a challenge to find peace despite how crazy things are. I always like a challenge :).
    Try meditation.

16. wastedmylife

or he can attack the guards and try and find some peace

or before he was shipped to the camp when he was in the ghetto and began realizing something was wrong he could fight back

And do you really think a jew living in a concentration camp can find something to be happy about?

17. fromthatshow

Yes or those things :)
    And yes of course I do. No human being has the power to take away the happiness of another human being, because happiness comes from inside you, it is not something outside you that is given to you, or that can be taken away. It is something that can be chosen at any time.

18. wastedmylife

it is not east to find peace when you live in a immoral country whos only purpose is fucking over the next person

19. wastedmylife

disagree, a jew who is in a concentration camp who sees his family put in a gas chamber and is worked to death and will get bread crumbs for dinner will not be able to find any peace

there comes a point when people need to wake up and start fighting for themselves

20. fromthatshow

I'm sorry for whatever might have happened to you.
    I used to not be able to comprehend how people in our country could act the way they do. Particularly the leaders and heads of corporations. I didn't understand how they could be so heartless.
    But eventually I came to see that these people are suffering more than anyone else. The less love one gives out, the less love they can receive. Realize that people that will just fuck over the next person, are probably a lot worse off then the people they fucked over, or will be. It's only a matter of time before they are faced with themselves.
    Those people who seem to only care about themselves, I only wish the best for, because I know they are probably hurting more than I.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.