Do you care people who might look at you and think your a loser

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by sosotired, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sosotired

sosotired Well-Known Member

This is probably my biggest problem, I fear what other people think of me. I walk around frowning, brows low, angry looking and I just get this feeling that people can see that im a pathetic loser just by looking at me.

im not one of these types that go around with a fucking great grin on my face and try and put on this false mask. I look how I feel.
  2. BeenThere

BeenThere Guest

I used to have those fears.Its a terrible burden...always wondering if people looking at you thinking this or that.In the end its a matter of saying "who cares!"These people dot no who you are...they dont no the kind of problems your going through.
  3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I think in a way we all have those fears. We want to be liked or thought of in a good way. I know this is not true of everyone, but most of the general population. It is hard to walk around smiling when everything is not okay. Masking is a coping mechanism. we use. It is okay to walk around prtraying on your face your true feelings, but being sad does tend to make people back off it is is a constant state you are in. Could it be a way of isolating for you? A way to keep others at bay? I don't know, this is only a thought to be explored as you wish, or leave it alone. The choice is yours. What has you so down? Maybe when you are comfortable you will share more with us.
  4. deathwalking

deathwalking Well-Known Member

I agree with what has been said here.I think most people want to be accepted and well's only natural.At the same time you cant live to please others or meet some so called standard.Just do you.
  5. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

Learn to love yourself more. You seem to be anxious about how others feel towards you. There must be a reason for the angst. What do you think they see when they look at you, or what is it your trying to hide that you think they maybe trying to look at?
  6. Ixtab™

Ixtab™ Member

if these thoughts are seriously affecting your life then take a look into "social anxiety disorder", it might be the answer's you've been looking for.
  7. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I used to feel the same way when I was considerably younger. Now I'm 55 and don't give a shit what anyone thinks of me. I'm more concerned about what I think of myself - which is worse than any stranger could think.:sad:

But as to the people on the street - no, I don't care what they think of me. And if anyone should stare, I wink at them - and that's usually enough to make them leave me alone... a stranger winking at them!!!:eek:hmy: My heavens!!!:rolleyes:

least likely to give a damn
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.