Do you care what happens to you after "death"?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by WhyMeWhy, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

There seem to be many options for the hereafter:

1. Heaven
    2. Hell
    3. Purgatory
    4. Rebirth(reincarnation)
    5. Nothingness

Whatever your beliefs would you choose one of these options, or do you simply not care at all? I may not be destined for it... but I'd choose Hell, 'cause it could'nt be any worse than what I've experienced already in this living world. Burning forever suits my state of mind. After being tortured mentally by life I believe that physical torture is nothing. And I've heard that the pain stops after the burns reach the 3rd degree(not sure if it's true or false info).
  2. Harrowdown

Harrowdown Well-Known Member

what a loving God
    thats all i have to say

millions worship this sick sadistic creep who tortures people for eternity if they dont fly straight?
    what sort "beep" system is that? Mercy? Forgiveness?
    if it is people are more godly than the real thing

what a joke
    that we kill ourselves in wars and whatever in this deadbeat dad sadist who loves us so much we can rot for all he cares
    i sincerlly hope either theres nothing after you die or all the so called loving experts have it so bass ackwards we don't have the slightest inclination of it all

save us from 'God'
    how can you possibly love a pyshcopathic deity with all your heart & soul, no reservations?
    Your too afraid hes gonna whip a smiting if you even think the wrong thing

when your that far up the hill people really do start to look like ants, don't they?
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2007
  3. Nessarose

Nessarose Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that that's the impression you have gotten of God from (I'm guessing) extreme Christian fundamentalists. I went to a Christian high school, and I felt much the same way as you do. I was so terrified of God and certain I was going to Hell because I believed my sins couldn't be forgiven. I'm still dealing with the aftermath of it, and the pain is extreme.

However, the more pastors and Christians I talk to, the more I'm learning that Christianity really is about love. I'm not trying to convert you or anything, and I know people have done terrible things in the name of Christianity and all of us can be hypocrites at times. Also, the writers of the Bible had totally different cultures than most of us do today. Some people today believe that Hell is just for Satan and the demons. But, if one does take the Bible too much to heart and too literally...the consequences can be very damaging on the psyche and body.

Anyway, that's just what I believe. Sorry if it comes off as preaching or anything. Many people do believe in a God that is all justice and no love, and it's very unfortunate.

To address the topic...I would choose Heaven. The thought of Hell terrifies me, because I believe that, if it is meant for humans, it would be infinitely painful spiritually, mentally, and physically. Nothingness used to sound nice, but it scares me now, and while the other options are fine I'd still choose Heaven. What I need most is spiritual healing, and being with God would give that and more.
  4. Isa

Isa Well-Known Member

he weorsat thing that wooculd happen is you wake up HERE again
  5. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

I think I'd like to go to Valhalla, personally. Spending eternity drinking mead, wearing a funny Viking hat and singing manly Viking songs...hey, things could be worse. :tongue:

Curiously, the Vikings denied entrance to Valhalla only to those who died in bed, of either old age or natural causes. Death in battle was the preferred way to go, but suicide was an acceptable choice as well, held in far higher esteem than rotting away in bed.

Pity that the Abrahamic religions vomited out of the Middle East with their Abrahamic murdergod have held sway for so long. As a cultural institution I don't have much to say against Christianity, but as to its doctrines, what an abomination to the human spirit.
  6. Oblivion Seeker

Oblivion Seeker Active Member

I don't really care, but if I had to choose... nothingness... just a void empty of everything where I would not need to think nor do anything else...erf.
  7. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I dont really care. As long as it's not here.

I always say I'll "go to a better place"
    It'll be perfect and I will be happy.
    I wanna go there now!!! :(
  8. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

we go to the next level of consciusness, we were once a level lower like all beings once were, we have grown into a new phase and after we reach a certain point we go into a even higher level.
  9. EricD313

EricD313 Member

Well for me its either puragtory or nothingness.

But i'd like to belive every goes to where they belive they should go.
  10. registering

registering Member

If I end up offing myself and I'm reincarnation into a shitty life I'm going to be pissed!!!!!
  11. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

Nothingness, I hope.

Why? Hell would be a continuation of life. Heaven would be full of perfect people, just to emphasise my faults. Reincarnation would be another chance to fuck up my life once again.

Nothingness would end that cycle :unsure:
  12. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

My biggest fear would be having to live life again. Other than that I really couldn't care less what happens after I die.
  13. Lucie

Lucie Well-Known Member

Since I'm into science, nothingness. Remember like before you were born?
  14. Harrowdown

Harrowdown Well-Known Member

but Nessarose

what do you accept from Christianity and what don't you?
  15. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

i really dont give a dam
  16. i do care.
    i want to go to heaven
    see my nanna again.
  17. lost_child_

lost_child_ Guest

Life is hell..otherwise backward to Live wouldn't be EVIL.

So Heaven has to be better..even living with satan has to be better then life. I believe that Satan, fallen angels are the good guys...GOD is the sick twisted person, he's the one who inflicts pain on people. Its said that fallen angels were kicked out of heaven because they disobeyed god, god wants everyone to do as he says and fallen angels believe every person has a as my mother always called me satans doll, satans bitch..I will when I die be reunited with my father.
  18. Nessarose

Nessarose Well-Known Member

I'm kind of unstable and trying to figure that out for myself. I believe God is loving, and that's about all I have figured out for myself right now. All my beliefs are being rewritten. It's bizarre.
  19. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

I believe we reincarnate, but if there were such a place "heaven" would be my choice.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.