• No

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 14 32.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaos General

Its just something ive been thinking about. I guess i do come on here to get some sort of validation for my existence whether it be positive or negative.

empty101

Personally I don't... and I don't remember doing it. This isn't be first account and I probably did make a thread or two on my old account that was really in need of validation.

I definitely think a lot of people here want that. Although I think it goes beyond emotional validation... it's like some people need their whole way of thinking about the world validated. Sadly it's usually a very negative way of thinking :(

plates

No, I rely on myself for validation generally offline/online, because so many people are blind; it's so not worth talking to brick walls. I've had many conversations with myself and my relationships with others over the last 2+ yrs, and that's my conclusion. :smile:

I come here so I won't be judged for being like I am.

I am already labeled as being crazy for being bipolar and borderline, add in the suicidal tendencies and that makes me a leper for sure.

I come so I can easily talk about what I am feeling and why.

Madam Mim

I voted not sure (because I'm not, obviously). When I first read the question I thought yes, but then I realised that I don't ask for validation here (even subconsciously), perhaps because I'm still new or more likely because I'm scared that I won't get it. However, I think I might get it from reading threads and knowing I'm not alone, which is maybe the reason I come here.

Mim

Axiom

Account Closed
i long for the day when I can completely be bigger than any small desire for validation. It's horrible to realize and see it in yourself, and it's lonely without it. Without it, who cares. With it, i care.

poison

absolutely. there have been times where i feel bad and will go to chat, and try to make someone's day brighter by talking to them via PM about their problems and encouraging them.

mulberrypie

im not suicidal, but i come here because i know what its like to feel sad, lonely, scared, hopeless and i want to talk with/support others who are going through that.

also, the arcade lol

Last edited by a moderator:

boo

No, i dont come here looking for validation to my existence. I doubt talking to a few strangers that will forget me as soon as i'm gone will give me a sudden epiphany about my life.

But yea... it does feel good to sucker myself into thinking that i'm doing something...

The only thing about me that will last after i'm gone is the engraving on my tombstone.

Withdrawn

I googled "suicide forum" once, because I wanted to ask somebody if my method was good or not. I thought I would come to a place where people said "I can help you go through suicide" but I'm glad I didn't.

So, well... I was looking for validation.

LogDork

Senior Member & Antiquities Friend
I dont know. Being suicidal is a world to its own, regardless of age, sex, or life situation. It's easier to express myself to people with the same affliction.
Affliction, that's the word, I think...

nolonger

Usually. Or to just read other peoples problems/stop thinking about what's making me fearful etc.

Not like many/anyone validates my existence in real life. So...ya know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00