Do you comfort-shop?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by boo, Sep 9, 2010.

Do you comfort-shop?

1. Yes, i do.

2. No, i don't.

0 vote(s)
  3. I would like too, but i'm broke. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Do you comfort-shop? As in, do you buy things to make yourself feel better?

I do, i don't know why but it feels good to spend money. I would anxiously wait for that thursday (payday) just so i can go crazy with my money. But in the end i know those things serves only one purpose, and that is to fill the emptiness i feel inside. To create an artificial sense of comfort with materials.

In, any case.. Do you comfort-shop?
  2. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

I buy comics when Im really down, gladly i moved to another town, where we dont have a comicshop. Im so weird, because when i get home I give the comicbook a hug >.< and not a short one i will just sit there for a while with my arms around it..
  3. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Yes, I do. A lot :(
  4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

5. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

I have buy i get guilty because I feel i wasted money when i buy something i dont need...
  6. Nerve

Nerve Well-Known Member

i comfort eat :( i got a belly... but i'm taking care of it
  7. SweetVitriol

SweetVitriol Antiquitie's Friend

When I can find clothes to fit me I comfort shop all the time..As my overstocked clothes rails can testify..

Suits, shirts, shoes (Well, Chelsea boots) the whole nine yards..
  8. 000000

000000 Well-Known Member

Most definitely. Generally cd's/dvd's, clothes or pampering items such as aftershaves and smellies.
  9. Borrowed time*

Borrowed time* Well-Known Member

Yes, mainly books im not much of a clothes shopper.
  10. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

Wow, just way way too much over the years did I.:grr: What's gotten me to stop was that I moved few months ago, started throwing so much crap out that I never needed or used anymore, doing that has helped stopping me from doing it though that urge to spend has been creeping back.:eek:hmy:
  11. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I would if I had money.
  12. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I spend way too much on stuff to keep me entertained while i lock myself up inside.
  13. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

Tried to, finally got up the courage to go to the CD/DVD store, wanted to splurge...and ended up buying nothing.:eek:hmy: Don't know if that's worse, getting up your hopes to find some good things to watch/listen and getting nothing or buying some things and come home with an empty pocket. Plus, it's a 3 mile walk there and 3 miles back, grrr.:mad:
  14. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I used to buy alot of videogames, dvds and magazines. Sigh... i miss those days...
  15. immadeofrainbow

immadeofrainbow Well-Known Member

I comfort shop all the time, it used to be SF stuff, like Bruise wheels, pigments, rigid collodion, latex, but I never use half the stuff so now I just walk in and buy loads of crap in a River Island or an All saints because they always have nice clothes
  16. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I've often found that buying anything makes me feel better.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.