Do you consider yourself to be attractive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhawk

I aint good looking but to be quite honest its never really stopped me, i was once a nervous lad but once i gave up giving a shit i seemed to pull really easy (i did use to be a man-sl@g but im innocent now:harp:)
As i say i aint good looking, i do stupid amount of hard graft yet the muscle only builds slightly, im slim but i somehow weigh over 11 stone. Im what i would call scruffy but according to some friends its "ruggedly handsome":laugh:
The only part of my body i have any real issue with is my legs, due to scarring from some pretty nasty accidents in the past and myself too, hence why i never let anyone see them (apart from during sex, at which point i really dont give a fuck anymore....im a typical man)
What i look like has never really had an impact on my behaviour, most days im working alone with nothing but animals around me and the animals dont really give a fuck if i look like a twat. i dont mind what people think about the way i look because at the end of the day im not looking at myself, theyre the ones who gotta put up with it.
I've only ever made an effort to look smart for funerals, anything else i will wear whatever is most practical for the majority of the days work, this meant i went to court in a blood splattered shirt, boots with rabbit fur stuck to it etc. I even picked up women before after i'd been out lamping, being covered in mud, sweat, stained hands and the lasses reply was "she likes a dirty man", people put too much emphasis on appearance and a good personality will always shine through.

poison

well i don't think i'm bad looking but hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. some girls (and maybe a few guys LOL) may think i'm sexy but others may think i'm gross. it don't matter to me, you take the good with the bad. i know i'm not the sexiest thing alive but i'm not bad looking... i'm decent. :) i'm not fat but i don't have abs or big muscles or anything. i've got a mostly pleasent face with one annoying mole on my chin (it's not very big but it does have a tendency to grow some fuzz, incredibly annoying, i shave it though). i've also got very straight teeth and i've been told i have a nice smile. i'm not overly concearned with my appearence.

itmahanh

Senior Member & Antiquities Friend
Yep attractive but no way near pretty or gorgeous. Attractive enough to keep myself happy with how I look. For a 45 year old cougar.... yep not too bad, so I've been told (lol).

Mikeintx

"Do you consider yourself to be attractive? Posts- 104- more than any other post on the soap box page"

Proof to me that this forum is filled with narcissists.

Oh and I am the most attractive person ever. :)

elvinchild

haha it really depends on the day for me. I'll go from thinking I'm pretty attractive to thinking I'm downright repulsive and am ashamed to show my face to the world.

So I grated cheese on abs last night. It was hawt.
Ha ha!

I'm a little overweight, but still pretty. So, I consider myself moderately attractive, on the surface, but, of course, it really is what's inside that counts.

And considering I spent a lot of my teens despairing over how fat, ugly and loathsome I believed myself to be, I've come a long way. :)

Silvio

No, even though I get a lot of "your cute", "your so smart" etc.
I am in no way proud of that, I've got way too many mental problems and too unstable to connect with anyone, I guess I haven't gotten around to acceptin' my flaws yet, this low self-esteem and lack of confidence, according to me, is significantly unattractive.

-Sil:mellow:

I usually don't think i am attractive. there are those rare occasions when my skin is clear and my make up turns out great and my hair does what i want it to and my clothes flatter me where i don't look so fat. those rare times, i feel attractive.

though my husband tells me i'm beautiful, i don't buy it. lol. must be those "rose-colored glasses" he sees me through. :)

beautiful? no. cute, pretty? sure.

something pretty pathetic? no one has ever told me i was beautiful. true story. not any of the boyfriends. not even my parents or my nanny growing up. :dunno: c'est la vie.

necrodude

just a view but most of the posts on here (mine too) relate to physical attractiveness. only a few relate to mental, and emotional attractiveness. and i have to ask...

are we so preoccupied with our bodys that we totally discount our inner beauty? why? sure im not muscular, but i can make people laugh, i can comfort people, i can do a lot of stuff. what condition my body is in whilst important (being healthy), i find that personality is more attractive. if i get on with a girl is far more important to me than her looks. this isnt the case for everyone, and i wouldnt go out with every girl i got on with (not like i could, but thats another topic), but its an important indicator of your relationship with that person (romantic or friends). im also not saying dis regard our looks, just that instead of complaining about (or praising) our bodies we should "big up" our personalities.

sorry for going on... most of this was written as it occured to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00