Do you continue living a normal life?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lost43215, Oct 23, 2009.

Do you continue living a normal life despite having ur plan?

1. Yes

19 vote(s)
  2. No

6 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lost43215

lost43215 Well-Known Member

Do you still continue to live a normal life up to the point of your suicide attempt, even tho technically after it wont matter? I know this wont apply to anyone, but even if you thought about a plan, would u live out ur life normally? IE, scheduling things beyond when your date would be, or ordering things that would come after the fact, etc.

I do... Idk why, maybe incase the plan was to fail. Maybe to keep others from noticing, idk....
  2. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

i keep living my life same as ever. just because i have a good method doesnt mean i can pull it off, and theres the matter of spontaneous attempts.
  3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I don't have a normal life.
  4. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I have responsibilities that arent going to go away before or after my attempt so yes I have to continue living a "normal" life. That is a life that others see as normal. What I do on the outside may look and be normal but what is happening on the inside is anything but.

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

there are those that are very serious about their suicide. those folks, rest their souls ... know they will not be attempting. it will be a done deal.

there are stages to it. theres no fear of failure because they know exactly what they are doing and how. for those of us that have attempted a few times ... some of us have a total different mind set.

you can still live your life the way you did, because you have int he back of your mind that ... you know you will still be around.

just my thoughts.

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

There is nothing normal about my life so I would have to say no..
  7. lost43215

lost43215 Well-Known Member

I should say by normal what applies to you. I mean, obviously we all arent having normal lives if we're on here probably (a few exceptions). I mean, like i said, carrying on, ordering stuff if u do that, goto your job if you have one, etc.
  8. JM18

JM18 Active Member

You talk about suicide and killing yourself as i don't know... erm... deciding to paint your room's ceiling blue. It is as if suicide is some topic to talk about but nothing more...

If your mind is really that fucked up that you attempt a suicide... (a proper one i mean: poisoning, jumping off crap, trying to hand urself etc.) then obviously noones life will be normal after that...

But if you're even capable of asking a question like this... bah it's completely ridiculos. Take it like this, if you think of killing yourself on a daily basis... have tried it once or twice and still keep trying every month or so... then NO, your life is not what " webster's " would define normal. How could it be?

But if you wonder whether a person continues carrying out daily activites like going to work, eating, breathing and sleeping... (shopping, washing clothes etc.) then yes... unless ofcourse his/her suicideattempt was successful. (then he wont need any of that crap)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.