Do You Dislike People?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtrt46546565

I mean, like, real people. Not online people. When you hang out with someone in person, how long until you wanna get away from them? How quickly do they get on your nerves? Can you only handle them in short bursts? How much do you enjoy being alone?

Who's willing to admit it? I am. I don't like people. I wish I did, but I don't. They annoy me, disgust me, and I just generally find no interest in them. I know, I'm fudged up. You don't have to tell me.

Now, some of you may think, "If you dislike people, then why bother posting here?". Well, I guess because I'm human. Humans are biologically programmed to be social creatures, so I can't help but crave human interaction at least a little.

GreyCat

Short bursts are ok, but I get very frustrated if I get stuck with someone for too long. In general I find people to be very self obsessed and selfish and I guess I dislike them for this reason. I don't mind hanging out for a bit though, particularly if I am drunk. You are not the only person who is "fudged up" in this respect. I need to see people every day, but I could very happily spend a lot of time alone.

people with energy to share in equal doses are ok.
it's the leeches who drain. and who make the energized people a bit impossible to spot

Twocky61

Banned Member
I have always been a loner and pretty much all my friends are online because I feel much more comfortable typing (as I am now on here) rather than hold a conversation with someone on the phone & definately I find face to face meetings extremely uncomfortable especially with my counsellor Lyndsey - she asks me to tell her my feelings but I freeze in front of her and I am unable to hold eye contact with her so I don't tell her how I feel and self harm instead when she has gone

Lyndsey insists I call her anytime 24/7 rather than self harm but she fails (or refuses) to understand how I feel talking to her about my feelings - Lyndsey & I do get on very well & I am comfortable discussing general shop talk with her & we work well together in a service user cafe tied in with the local mental health team and chat & joke with each other and share friendly banter as mates but as soon as she takes it to a counsellor level I clam up

I don't dislike people, I am uncomfortable around people; especially strangers

I think this is why I self harm & often feel suicidal - I feel death would be a welcome relief from these feelings I have - I know I am not alone having these intense feelings; that many other members on SF feel the same, so in a way my supporting others on here in like situation to my own does occupy me and pushes my suicidal feelings to the back of my mind whilst I concentrate on helping someone else

Last edited by a moderator:

Acy

Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense
Admin
SF Supporter
I like people. Being in a big group with others for long periods of time...that's a different question. And some people, as you spend more time with them, you discover you're too different to be close pals.

I like some social things, but really prefer small, quiet gatherings to big parties.

I think it's the introvert vs extravert theory. Extraverts "get" energy by socializing with others, while introverts "use" energy while socializing. I think many introverts like people, just not a whole lot of them at one time in a noisy, bright environment. (At least that's me, and I'm definitely an introvert.)

rtrt46546565

So, it seems that the general consensus(so far in this thread, anyway) is not necessarily disliking people, but rather, being uncomfortable around them. I figured that'd be the majority response, but was curious. And I can definitely understand being uncomfortable, as I have severe social anxiety. Problem is, though, is that it doesn't stop there. I really do genuinely dislike most people. I just can't help but point out things in them that make me cringe. I'm very judgmental. Talking online is okay, as I don't really know the people I'm talking with. But, if we actually met or I talked with them on the phone/Skype/whatever, I'd most likely end up not liking them.

I'm a hermit, and I kinda like it. What about you guys? Anyone else enjoying the hermit lifestyle? Anyone hating it? Personally, I feel that I could be a hermit for the rest of my life. I see no reason to go outside, as all there really is out there is people, and I dislike people. I do like going for walks, though.

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
I don't know that I dislike people, more like I get annoyed easily. Sometimes when I hear people talk and talk and yell and scream, I just wish they would shut up. I don't like the way people usually treat me, and I don't like the way they treat each other. I don't like the things we do as a species. I'm holed up in this room most of the time, and don't really talk to anyone outside this site, though even that is scarce. I don't mesh well with certain personality types, mostly those opposite from how I am. Mostly I don't dislike people, they dislike me. I kinda do like being a hermit, because at least I don't get hurt that way. When 99% of people hurt you, that really makes you question yourself. So yeah, I guess I dislike myself more than I dislike other people.

BadWolf

I dislike a lot of people. I dislike most of the people that I've met, but I don't dislike them because they are people, rather, because so many of them are flawed. He's anti-feminist, she's betrayed my trust, she acts in a way I find annoying. It's all personal. I have reasons to not like them. I love spending time with the right people. Does that count?

Daphna

Ninja of light
I don't dislike or hate people, but I do not appreciate their choices in how they treat each other, this planet, and animals.

I believe everyone can change though so I don't hold it against them. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future in Messiah. I am living proof of this!

justMe7

Depends on the person or group/situations.

Granted, it's more difficult to appreciate, flow with other people and situations when you are combating yourself and life. Just one of those things. People's flows can not be the right "rhythm" for you when you're dealing with things. As opposed to just enjoying the situation and people.

The only people who really bother me are the ones who egotistically make others appear inferior, and somehow expect you to agree with them. Na mate, fuck yourself and the horse you ride.

But besides that? Man I miss that feeling of enjoying moments and situations with friends and random people. All the crazy shit that happens, or the appreciation and enjoyment that can be shared. Or the hostility and conflict that arises. The creativity, ect... I just loathed being overwhelmed by it. But that's simply my own issue I have to deal with.

lol :D +1

CD110

I have had very bad experiences with peers in young adulthood, which is part of why I've been a mess the last few years. But when I worked a job more recently, I felt much more at ease with coworkers that were generally older than me. I had to deal with a lot of customers too, and the general impression was 'they come in all kinds'. So no, I don't hate people. Though, who knows, I might if I had to deal with them on a more personal level. I think most people are too ready to stomp on someone - especially an outsider with no support - to have their way, or just for fun.

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
My difficulties with people stem from my inability to interact with them. Is that my fault, or theirs, or both? At any rate, I am much more comfortable alone. Even if it does get lonely.

:sleeping_teddybear::sadbear:

How could I not dislike people? They're sick and twisted!
I may enjoy someone's company for a short while, but sooner or later I will be reminded how different we are, how I don't understand them, how cruel and unconscionable they are.

Unfortunately, though I appreciate alone time, I don't want to be alone all the time. So I get lonely. But I hate people. But I want people in my life. But I hate all the people I ever meet, they're all the same. But I don't want to be alone.

Getting the picture?

Last edited by a moderator:

CD110

How could I not dislike people? They're sick and twisted!
I may enjoy someone's company for a short while, but sooner or later I will be reminded how different we are, how I don't understand them, how cruel and
unconscionable they are.

Unfortunately, though I appreciate alone time, I don't want to be alone all the time. So I get lonely. But I hate people. But I want people in my life. But I hate all the people I ever meet, they're all the same. But I don't want to be alone.

Getting the picture?
I know just what you mean. Been hurt a lot. Like 95% of peers I've met love to stomp on the outsider. Hard not to have a poisoned outlook on society after that. Tolerance and humility are sadly lacking in people. Most of the good ones are probably withdrawn, out of sight. But that's all the more reason to get out there and make yourself available. Even if it does mean being in the presence of some awful, awful individuals. Personally, I aim to someday be a pillar of ethical integrity, if only to show that egocentrism and dissolution are not the only surviving values in our generation.

ba51th

many people talk about things that I'm not interested in. for example, many of them talk about football (soccer), but I don't find their conversation interesting and I'm not understand what they talking about... but when people have same interest with me, sometimes I talk too much...

I feel intimidated around men, feels like they are going to shout at me, humiliate me or hit me... I'm shy/feel stupid around women, feels like I'm doing/going to commit something stupid at any moment, especially when women look/stare at me... especially a beautiful one...

I'm forced to act friendly everytime I socialize in real life (somehow, I'm just can't be indifferent toward people when socialize), and it makes me uncomfortable...

(what am I babbling about...)

am I dislike people?

I don't know... I'm scare of them at home, feels like I'm going to get game over screen if they see me... and I'm uncomfortable around them on the outside

rtrt46546565

Getting the picture?
I do get the picture, as I'm the same way. No matter how much we genuinely would like to isolate ourselves, we'll always have to battle with our biological need to socialize. *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00