Do you even want to get better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striking

I have been asked this question at least twice. I have never given it much consideration. Much like when I was 15 and was asked why I didn't commit suicide. There are probably many more questions like these that I need to examine if I do want to get better. Fear is a powerful force, I wish to use mine to find courage.

If you were posed a question but you were too afraid to answer, what was it? Have you answered it since then? Thank you for sharing.

Sunspots

Forum Pro
SF Supporter
I've been asked that too. The obvious answer is Yes, of course! But it can also be very frightening. Even though feeling like this is hell, it's also what we know and there's comfort in that. Change is hard and the prospect of failure and ending up worse than where we started can make it feel easier to just stay where we are.

One thing my CPN asks me a lot is what I want to do next. I don't know what I want to do now so trying to work out what I want to do next feels impossible. When you've made so many bad decisions in life it makes it hard to trust ourselves to make the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$455.00
Goal
$255.00