do you ever experience dissociation with depression?

Status
Not open for further replies.
like you feel like you dont really exist. things around you dont look familar. its like you zoned out for most of the day and you dont feel like yourself perhaps an out of body experience and whatever you are doing its not really happening?

Julia-C

like you feel like you dont really exist. things around you dont look familar. its like you zoned out for most of the day and you dont feel like yourself perhaps an out of body experience and whatever you are doing its not really happening?
I don't because of depression, but I did during some of the later bouts of abuse. I have however dissociated myself from others because of depression. Mostly because I did't and still don't want to be around happy people because they make me feel more weird. Also I am worried I will drag others down with me.

I know that's really not what you asked, but that's the only way I could answer it honestly.

meeko1004

yes, often.

sometimes, i'll be doing something and it'll feel like none of this is real - everything feels surreal - and i'm just sitting here.

wiki: Depersonalization disorder.

Axiom

Account Closed
Yeah.. ive lived with it off and on I guess for along time. It's at the point where i can do things but it just.. idk, has nothing to do with me, i just do them because it's a cycle and I "have" to. Im finding ways of making myself talk and think and feel while im doing things, but it's difficult, it was so much more difficult before, being able to be aware that i was just "doing" things and who I am was "not there". Once i could always understand the feeling, found ways of dealing with it.

I'd have to ask, if you weren't doing these things that make you zone out, what would you feel you would be thinking about, or doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00