Do you ever feel frustrated with people?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by elevate, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elevate

elevate New Member

I feel tired.

That's it. I'm just tired. Tired of everything in my life, because it's all become quite grey. Tired of the world. Tired of the universe. Tired of feeling ugly. I'm tired of my abusive father. I feel selfish, because many people would kill to be where I am...16, in college, a job, a boyfriend, a reasonably healthy body. But I just can't...do it. I can't pretend like this life is something I want.

I tried to talk to my brother about how tired I am, how it seems to be sapping my energy and my life force. He just acted confused and said things like "You mean like you're physically tired?" I talked to my Mom and she said "It's just the hormones, everybody feels that way. Get more sleep."

I sleep 12 hours a night, get up, study, go to work. I do everything I'm supposed to, but I'm still not happy. Why can't they understand? Why can't they understand that no matter how hard I try, I always end up back here again?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Your are 16 hun time to talk to your doctor okay it will be kept confidential It could be very well a medical problem have you had your blood tested lately have you had thyroid tested go see your doctor hun and if it is not medical then get some help to treat this tiredness okay hugs

3. allison

allison Well-Known Member

First of all, welcome to the forum, and I hope you're able to find some comfort here.

Second... I remember feeling the same way when I was sixteen, and then again and again at least twice a year since I was a teenager (till now, I get into these week- to month-long slumps). I used to think that as long as I remembered that the sadness and tiredness and numbness would eventually go away, I could go on without having to ask for help. But what I realized just recently is that if it's real bad (recurring, lasting for weeks), the best thing to do would be to seek help.

I offer the same advice to you. It took me years and years of thinking and doubting before I finally went ahead and asked for help and what I'm thinking now is why didn't I ask before? I would probably have made so much progress by now. Of course, the decision is entirely up to you. If you feel like you can't deal with it on your own, by all means, get help. Good luck and take care <3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.