Do you ever feel guilty of teasing?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Miss speller, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miss speller

Miss speller Guest

Because people have so diffrent kind of sense of humours and my humour is pretty wild on its own kind, I feel often that I have hurted someones feelings. There is so much missunderstandings at the one way or the other because of humour and how to use it. It can be hided weapon or just genuine fun with wellwishing.

Do you ever feel guilty of teasing? How do you use humour and how many people of your friends have same kind of humour than you have? How about humour in your family?
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Most of my friends and family members tend to use humor a lot, and I'm the same way. It's gotten me in trouble several times, and I try to be careful now because I know it can hurt people.
  3. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

I tend to use humour to disguise how I really feel, there are two sides to me one I call Idiot Boy, that is who most see. The guy that is stupid makes silly jokes and does not take things to seriously.

That way it is like a guard no one can really see how I am feeling and I can protect myself that way
  4. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I used to do this with people who were seriously damaging me. I ended up realising pretending it didn't hurt made it all the more worse.

I suppose, yeah I worry about my humour offending others, especially when I'm manic or suicidal.

Some of it is a cover up, but a lot of it, is a type of survival or defense, or some kind of incredibily black joke, internally. I'd play the role that others projected on me, most of the time, and that had to do with sexuality- I've been surrounded by a TON of smut all my life (and still am) when I think back. No way did that do me any good and I bet many could see right through it.
  5. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I know that I can really hurt people if I slip up or say what's on my mind. It takes constant restraint to stop myself from blurting things out to people who aren't appreciative.
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I use to be funny, but now I have lost my sence of humor..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.