Do you ever feel like a fraud? (warning may trigger)

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by MLKane, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MLKane

MLKane Well-Known Member

Now I'm not exactly an established member here. Some of you know me, some of you don't, some of you know my story, those of you that don't there's a link in my sig. Now, I'm not saying I've been through a lot, but it's not been minor. However, when I compare my experiences with those of others, not just with other suicidal people but people I know both personally and through news stories, I can't help but feel like a bit of a fraud. I truly want to kill myself, and in my more self destructive moments I want to do much worse. But I look at how other people deal with their situations, how they pull through or don't attempt suicide or self harm and I feel like I have no right to be suicidal. I mean, if they can deal, why can't I? What makes me so special that I think I can get away with destroying my life and the damaging the lives of those around me? But it's more than that, it's also what right do I have to hold onto any of this anyway, surely it's all inconsequential? Why should I have to talk to a therapist, why should I call a help line, I'll just be wasting their time on my useless case, when I can't even handle a bit of a slap from a girl? Why should I make them waste their resources when there are so many other people more worthy of their time?

That's how I feel, I was wondering if any of you felt anything similar?

2. Green.Triceratops

Green.Triceratops Account Closed

I feel like a fraud. It feels more self-imposed than anything. I screwed myself up so why should other people spend time and energy on me?

3. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I feel like a fraud also. Regardless of the fact that I was born with a failing brain, I feel like a fraud because I don't like the hand I've been dealt. I just want to be normal.

4. dying_inside

dying_inside Well-Known Member

I feel like a fraud too.

5. LonerForever

LonerForever Well-Known Member

I feel exactly the same :/ I compare my story with the stories of countless others, only to wonder why I'm moaning in the first place. It makes me wonder whether there is actually a problem there to start off with, or has my mind been sick enough to make one up.

6. sunshinesblack

sunshinesblack Well-Known Member

sorry to all the people that feel like frauds because of their feelings, i think we r all entitled to what we feel/live, we r not all the same cant compare exactly
    I for one know am struggling with my self schema and self perception badly and it reflects on all my life even if superficially one may think its nothing

sometimes we bounce back to normal and than feel like it was all fake but I think all that we live is a part of us even if sometimes it can look contradicting

MLK dont mean to be triggering but your story is defenetly disturbing at least to me lol

7. ConfusedSilence

ConfusedSilence Well-Known Member

I feel like a fraud here because my really horrific nights come in bouts, so I'll just feel hateful towards myself but not suicidal; meanwhile people here are on the brink of life and death while I prattle on about being perpetually lonely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.