Do you ever feel like your waiting to hit a brick wall?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Neo28, Jul 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neo28

Neo28 Member

I've been in freak out mode for the last month or so. Constantly thinking about suicide because of all the anxiety and depression I deal with. To me, I feel like I am just waiting to hit a brick wall that tips me over the edge and I finally do it. Does anyone else feel that way? Just waiting for that last shoe to drop?

2. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

Do you take medication and/or therapy on a regular basis? Judging from the severity of your condition as you describe it, medication and/or therapy is a necessity. It is for me. Having taken both myself, I now need only the therapy, so I've made a marked improvement. The same can happen for you. There is always hope.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I feel like i have hit a brick wall many times and i just don't know how to get over dam thing sorry you are feeling so low

4. Neo28

Neo28 Member

I see a psychiatrist and a therapist on a regular basis, so I am taking both an antidepressant and anti-anxiety medication. They do seem to help, but not always. Not sure why that is, but I have been on several different combinations over the years. It seems like these bad streaks happen once or twice a year for me and it is just a son of a gun to get out of the rut for me. The ruts take me to rock bottom where it is just hard to continue.

It gives me hope that people such as yourself have found success with their treatments, so perhaps one day I can join the ranks with you!

5. Neo28

Neo28 Member

I'm with you in that I have hit many brick walls over the years. I fall down, get back up, pick up the pieces, and march on just constantly watching for the next wall to come. I never really make it over the wall, but just change direction and hope for a better path with less walls.

6. Stacey84

Stacey84 Well-Known Member

I haven't hit a brick wall, I felt like I've rammed a JCB right through it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.