Do you ever feel like...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAVE_ME

This is not a religious thread. This is not here to debate the existence of God. But for those who do believe in some kind of higher power or God, do you ever feel like everytime you see a silver lining and begin to see a little bit of hope somewhere, do you feel like God just looks down on you, going: "Oh ho ho!! They're happy! Bah! I can't have that! I'll teach them to be happy!" *creates a situation designed to make you feel miserable, perhaps even worse than before* "Oh ho ho!! That'll teach 'em! There will be no happy people on my planet! Humans are supposed to be miserable damn it!"

Because I do...and it's not even funny anymore.

nolonger

I wouldn't say I believe that a higher being/some kind of god is doing it. For me, it's just that when ever I think "Omg, the next few months might be fairly easy...". Then BAM, something happens and I'm back to square one or what ever.

Life wants to fuck us over right when we think it's getting better. :dry:

IV2010

This is not a religious thread. This is not here to debate the existence of God. But for those who do believe in some kind of higher power or God, do you ever feel like everytime you see a silver lining and begin to see a little bit of hope somewhere, do you feel like God just looks down on you, going: "Oh ho ho!! They're happy! Bah! I can't have that! I'll teach them to be happy!" *creates a situation designed to make you feel miserable, perhaps even worse than before* "Oh ho ho!! That'll teach 'em! There will be no happy people on my planet! Humans are supposed to be miserable damn it!"

Because I do...and it's not even funny anymore.
I totally agree with what you said..

a religious aquaintance told me God sends me challenges to make me stronger..
I told her I'm sick of his challenges...didn't go down too well.

I guess I kind of believe in some higher power...a God of the sorts...because its too depressing to think that this shit is all there is. But it's also depressing to think that he sends his shit down from the sky.

So I'm just going with, yeah, life is simply out to fuck us over. It's the balance of things. That's why I can't stay happy for more than short periods of time, and even then I'm paranoid thinking, "When is shit gonna happen again ._. ?"

SAVE_ME

I always tend to take it quite personally as well. As if I feel like some cosmic force has singled me out and is conspiring against me. Clearly doesn't want me to be happy.

Avarice

Kind of. I usually don't allow myself to fully feel or express happiness, because the way I see it, once you do that something will inevitably come along to wipe that smile off your face.

Push

I'm not sure what I believe as in a higher power, I think that it's very possible. I know allot of times I feel like a science experiment gone wrong. Or like an ant in an ant farm that someone screwed with just to see what would happen.

Mr Stewart

I used to think like that. Like I was consistently being cruely toyed with by a cosmic system of life quality allocation. Eventually I came to the conclusion that there is no governing force in that sense. Our problems are either created by the weather/geological patterns of the planet we live on, our fellow human beings, or ourselves. There's no greater power there pulling the strings. I believe we are here on our own, free from outside manipulation.

Honestly I feel better about that than I would a god-being sitting up there ensuring a certain amount of suffering makes its way to each and every one of us in correlation with some cosmic happiness quotient formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00