do you ever get jealous of suicidal people?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by juicy, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juicy

juicy Well-Known Member

Sometimes I read about how people kill themselves and I become really jealous that they were able to do it so easily. Well, it wasn't easy I'm sure, but that they were able to just do it really makes me envy them. I've already figured out the psychological barrier preventing me from doing it and I'm working on removing said barrier. Their deaths also inspire me to do it though. I feel like if they did it then dying can't be too bad. Anyway, I just wanted to get that off my chest. I haven't done it yet because I have a dream I need to achieve first. Once that's done, it'll be much easier for me to end it all. I do wonder though..what happens when I die? Am I reborn in a different era? Will I suddenly wake up at the age of 5 years old as a different person with different parents in 1987? I'm a strong believer in reincarnation so I guess that's why I pose such a question. Bleh.
  2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi jucy. I can see you are new to these forums. So first I do want to welcome you. I do not get jealous of people who take their life. I will explain why below. I too am a firm believer in reincarnation. I do not know what happens when someone takes their life. Because I think it is different for different people. I do not think most people reincarnate back into a human form so quickly though. And I do think that reincarnation means you come in as a new born baby. not a 5 year old etc.

I personally believe that each of us as a soul chose for a very good purpose to incarnate into the form and life we are in at this time. (starting from a baby body when we were born). I think that as much as I do not want to be here, and believe me I dont, that I must stay and trust that there is a reason why I as a soul chose this lifetime. There may be huge opportunity for advancement and healing. Or maybe I am here to help in some way. Or perhaps both. Maybe I am here to heal something on a soul level that is very improtant to heal. I think there are many reasons why we chose a specific incarnation. Of course I do not know.

I do believe that if I take my life that I might be ending a very important opportunity that I as a soul chose in great wisdom. I am not so willing to take that risk. I do not talk like this here. But because you spoke of reincarnation, I decided to say what I think. It honestly is why I still am alive.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013
  3. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

yes, i totally get envious of people that manage it- i see them as extremely lucky individuals who are finally free from this world

as for the afterlife, their are several threads here that ask the question... well, what's next?.

it's an interesting question- i am a believer of an afterlife, but not so much re in carnation though suppose that's pssoible too... none of us know
  4. suicidaldf

suicidaldf New Member

I get extremely jealous of people who have had success. I want to be out of here so badly that if there was a magic button on my arm that would end my life i would press it right now. i consider myself very unfortunate to be a suicidal coward. my physical problems make my life unlivable but i am still here because i am afraid of trying lethal methods. and ive done my research.
  5. please forgive me

please forgive me Account Closed

My best friend committed suicide, i fell sad and so depressed, but then i get angry because we were going to go together, and then i did get jealous because he did it and i am still here. my belief he is in heaven watching me waiting for me
  6. juicy

juicy Well-Known Member

yeah what you said does make a lot of sense. If one were to kill himself and be reincarnated into a different body and thus, have a different soul, he would be unaware of the person he had become of course, but still, it might less of an opportunity you say. Said person he became might not be as bright or as good looking or more importantly, have the same potential to have a major impact on the world, or any impact at all. Kind of one of those, "be careful what you die for," things. Just my interpretation of what you said.
  7. juicy

juicy Well-Known Member

I hope you get into the Heaven. But I hope you don't quicken your arrival there.
  8. juicy

juicy Well-Known Member

yeah I like to take from all different religions. I believe the truth is found in every religion. So I do that and piece together what I find.:)
  9. mechanic

mechanic Member

I believe there is nothing after death, just the possibility of being recycled back into the earth by nature.
    When I die I want a tree to be planted in my remains, to me that is the only true way to live after death.
  10. juicy

juicy Well-Known Member

11. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

NO not jealous at all i grieve because i know that life that left was in pain yes but leaving only passed that pain to someone else. If they had support if they had reached out or someone reached out to them then a life would have be spared and many more lives would not have been affected. I know the want to leave i want to leave so badly but to be jealous of someone that has left no way just sadness just deep sadness for what happened and for their family
  12. juicy

juicy Well-Known Member

yeah....but for someone who doesn't care what most of their family would think if they had died, jealousy can set in. Least it did for me. And sometimes, still does.
  13. LightInTheDarkestNight

LightInTheDarkestNight Well-Known Member

Jealous, not quite but kind off.

I saw a Dr. Phil episode recently where this ladies Daughter Killed herself on the phone with mom, she was on the Bachelor a few years back, and was now dating a guy name Ryan something from the NBA team New Orleans Pelicans.

It made me think about things, I felt bad for her that she was in so much pain she killed herself but at the same time I thought to myself you're pretty have a boyfriend who loves you, he's a multimillionaire basketball player, life seems to be going well for you. Supposedly when she got around that time of the month she would get extremely emotional and think her BF didn't love her or stuff along those lines, picking fights due to her insecurities.

It's very sad, however part of me thinks to myself she had a life I can only dream of at this point in my life and it wasn't good enough for her. How long could she have lasted in my shoes with the hell's that I've gone through and all the crap I currently deal with. Even that girl Reteah Parson's mom was on the show and how her daughter was attacked and raped when she was basicially unconscious reminds me of how I was set up and assaulted(not sexually) in a similar fashion and it sickens me knowing my pain and suffering was just some big joke to some people and they likely even got pleasure out of it. Totally sickening, the thing is this girl's mom had her back about the abuse my mom was just a "Bleep" who wasn't understanding saying "you don't know for sure it happened" what the hell kind of message is that to send that you don't trust your own son's judgment and that you give random strangers the benefit of the doubt(cardinal sin in Dr. Phils book the lifecode). That's what getting labeled from your parents does they just invalidate what you know and your perceptions which is abuse in itself. I know my mom means well but "bleep" she wasn't there for me when I needed her the most. Anyways I kind of sound emo here going off on this but there was a long chain of events that happened due to some of these events which left my life in a totally ruined state(no exaggeration but I wish it was one).

Man I hate this world sometimes, I have a lot of anger built up inside me.. Anyways I'm done ranting and I got a bit off topic.

I was also watching piers morgan live and they had the pastor Rick Warren on with his wife talking about their sons suicide. Then even stated how when their son was going through so much pain he visited some suicide sites and was able to help others even when he couldn't help himself. Made me wonder if SF was one of the sites.

It's hard to truly know anyone else's pain unless you can walk in their shoes and experience everything they have and feel what they feel. Thus it's easy to minimize someone else and their problems but over state ones on because we only truly know our own pain.

Yes I am jealous of people who are suicidal for some people I feel they have a lot more hope then me(yet I'm sure they don't see it due to their depression). My lack of hope isn't really mental health related, it's much, much more related to reality of my life being that bad. You could take the most happy out going popular person and if you gave them my past(with a memory of it) and my life they would likely get severely depressed very quickly, yet if I was transported into just about anyone else's body I can easily see myself getting incredibly happier and outgoing not having the burden of my past and life.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2013
  14. Psych77

Psych77 Well-Known Member

Wow...that bit about the guy who helped others but couldn't help himself...I really hope that the support here is mutual enough (and people are open enough) that as we help each other we don't get lost ourselves.

Again, I am amazed at how well you are holding together despite your painful and difficult life situation. God bless you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.