Do you ever get that feeling like you're going to die?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Unregisteredfear, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You ever get that feeling like you're going to die? I woke up this morning with this strong sense of death. And I can't be sure who's death, as I can't be sure of anything these days, but I felt it. I've always felt it, but today, it felt real, like it's near. And the honest truth is, I'm afraid. I've never been afraid of it before, even welcomed the thought, but this morning, my heart was beating. the feeling was so strong and real. I keep dreaming of suicide and now the possibility of dying is scaring me. There's something left undone here and now I'm so afraid I won't be able to finish it. Just at the moment in my life when i feel like there can be change... Am I just afraid, of the change that's coming, turning the positive against itself because I've jailed myself in my own pessimism? Or is this real? Am I sensing death coming to me? Seven years ago I sensed an enormous distaster was going to occur before the end of the year, a few months later, two commercial jets destroyed the World Trade Center. Am I crazy? I'm supposed to choose this. Now it's coming for me. Does anyone else have that feeling like they are going to die before their time?

2. plates

plates Well-Known Member

yes i've gone through long periods, years maybe if i counted it all up, of feeling death everywhere.

not like a premonition that i was going to die, rather that i was generally dead anyway or felt dead or that i was going to accidently kill myself- that would scare me, the thought of accidently killing myself. because like you i do feel there's unfinished stuff here..

you sound very insightful. i was reading your post and thinking the same thing. change can be a type of death, you're reaching maybe change, a change in whatever you're going through- it might mean an ceasing of whatever before, a type of dying- and that is what is frightening you. change can be terrifying and can feel like you're going to die. stepping on to unfamiliar territory can be like shedding old skin- and this transitional period you're in could be a type of death/dying.

i don't know just a few ideas.

as for your premonition about the world trade centre- i've heard people can do that...can sense things like that. i have said similar things to my gf last year. but like you, i always wonder how much is internal, how much is external. but when i do feel it really strongly externally, i know what you mean...

it is confusing

:hug:

3. Thanks ggg4567. Yeah, it could be due to change. I am going through something of a transition right now, and I'm really hoping it is just that, but I keep getting this worried feeling like I'm quickly running out of time. When I reached one of my very lowest points at around the age of 19, I remember praying to god, (or whoever listens to us) to just take my life. I prayed almost everynight for a year and nothing happened. but what if there is a delay, like my prayer wasn't heard until right now? I know that sounds stupid and it probably is foolish of me to believe that, but I base it on other things in my life that I've prayed for that had that delay effect. I'd pray for something, usually something big, and a few years later, my prayer would be answered. I know I'm treading on supernatural ground here. And to be honest, I don't even really believe in god, yet I prayed those times, and now... maybe it's been heard, by something, someone. I don't know. I just sense an end nearing. Today I'm not too afraid, but just to think, I could be dead soon. I must be out of my mind. And for the first time, I really hope I am.

4. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I've heard that other people felt this same way too before 9/11 and also before hurricane katrina. I think some people are just very sensitive and can pick up on the vibrations of a disaster. It's called intuitive abilities or psychic abilities.

5. SadDude87

SadDude87 Well-Known Member

Yes, often, but im still here for now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.