Do you ever get those dreams...?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Jellyfish, Nov 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Active Member

Everytime i go to sleep i meet fantastic characters filled to the brim with personality.
    People i would truly want to have in my life or would like to become.
    Or objects that meant so much to me in the dream but don't really exist.
    I've had so many of these dreams i'm almost sick of it.
    The latest one involved my hunting down someone who had stolen a very precious doll of mine named Nivira.
    In the dream it was my whole world so waking up to realised it doesn't exist, or the people i met don't exist is really hard, it's really painful.
    I feel like i'd be happier to live in my dreams with them forever.
    And i realised even if i were to recreate Nivira it would always be a copy of the original, no original exists but it wouldn't be the one from the dream so it wouldn't be the same.
    It's gotten to the point that i endlessly search for medication that will just kill me 100% effortlessly in my sleep so i can stay with them forever.

Even i think it sounds weird but i was honestly wondering if i'm the only one who has these kind of dreams?

2. Skylar

Skylar Well-Known Member

Yes I have supernatural dreams as well. I think your dreams depend on what you want in your mind, the stuff that happens in your life, the shows you watch, the books you read... I also very much enjoy these kind of dreams. But instead of finding a way to kill yourself why don't you dig a little about lucid dreaming? That way you can realise you are dreaming and do whatever you want in those dreams.
    I am sorry that I'm not going to hogwarts, instead I'm going to a university. But don't lose your reality my friend. Dreams are dreams, they shouldn't hold so much meaning in our lives. Yes I know sometimes I can't wait to go to sleep so I can see those supernatural dreams but don't give in too much.

3. Jellyfish

Jellyfish Active Member

You make some good points.
    I've always been interested in the meaning of dreams but when i search into the topic of my dreams the meanings that the apparently represent never seem to fit with anything in my life.
    As for lucid dreaming, it's not that i'm not aware that i'm dreaming when it's happening but more like that's the reason they get me upset XD
    Strange isn't it? dreams really SHOULDN'T have such an impact of our lives but for me they are very important.
    Thanks for your support :)

4. Skylar

Skylar Well-Known Member

Well I guess dreams are your way to escape the problems of real life. I suggest you find yourself a purpose. Add more meaning to your life instead of trying to find ways to kill yourself in your dreams. Make your life something that you don't want to escape from.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.