Do you ever want someone to make you stop?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Push, May 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Push

Push Well-Known Member

I do at times hope that my husband will make me stop but he doesn't. He pretends he doesn't know but he does, I keep it hidden but I know he knows.

On the other hand I know that he can't stop me and I have blades hidden all over so that I can get to them in case they get taken away.

It's so dumb I want to be stopped but I can't be.
  2. MLKane

MLKane Well-Known Member

It's not dumb, I get what you're saying. on the one hand I'm scared I'll boil over if I'm stopped. I don't want peole to know and to stop me someone would probably have to tell the police or a psych or something. Also only one person knows for certain, although I'm pretty sure a couple others suspect. However I want someone to at least try to stop me, I want someone to try and talk me down and make me feel like someone cares, not just a little, but enough to give up time, effort and emotional stress to try and stop me from hurting myself.
  3. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

its not dumb

id love someone to notice last time i told someone they said i was making things up ,they never asked to see the scars

i think you want to be stopped but you also want someone you can talk about it with instead of hiding the scars right?
  4. Gab

Gab Member

I can relate. I've told a few people, all being over the Internet.. No one irl. No one irl would care, and yeah, I would love if someone would notice.
  5. Push

Push Well-Known Member

Wow it's so weird, I really didn't think anyone else would understand. Of course I am sorry that any of us feel the need to do this. Thank you all for letting me know I'm not alone.

I feel the exact same way.

Right. I'm so sorry the person you told wasn't there for you.

I'm so very sorry.

I wish there was some magical thing, pill, something we could all take and be perfectly normal. I wish we didn't have to feel like no-one cared.
  6. OrbitalPoet

OrbitalPoet Active Member

I sure did wish for that, but don't think it can happen anymore.
    What I am really wishing for is someone who actually understands, not just ignores it, or thinks it is too weird.
    I need someone to make it unnecessary.

7. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i have someone helping me stop. she's my therapist. she's great. she specializes in trauma, which is behind most self-harm behaviours. if you have nobody to turn to, i strongly encourage you to find a good therapist. someone who will support you no matter what.
  8. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

sometimes, i wonder to myself.. it's clear that no one cares, because no one is helping me to try and stop.

so yes, sometimes it is nice to have that someone to shiow that they don't want you to do it
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.