Do you ever want to just go away?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Kohdii, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kohdii

Kohdii Member

I have been suicidal all my life, diagnosed with type I bipolar, depression, OCD, and it has messed my life up a lot as I have gotten older it seems to get worse and is starting to inhibit me more and more. I have started to feel like just giving up on trying to lead a normal life, grab what I have and leave and see where life takes me. I figured it'd be better to just give life one last shot to see if something great happens before I'd end it. Has anyone else felt like this? The song "send me on my way" by Rusted root inspires me to do this anytime I listen to it.
  2. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

i want to go away and start over fresh and never look back....but im afraid to

so yeah i guess so
  3. Kohdii

Kohdii Member

Yeah, plus the fact you'd have to live with less commodities as you do now which seems unimportant but is still in the back of your mind. I have a feeling Ill end up ending it before I get a chance to try and leave
  4. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I feel like this all of the time, and if I had the means I would absolutely do it.
    Just go where nobody knows me, where everything is new even if it means having to live hand to mouth.
    Just to completely be somebody else, somewhere else. Sounds beautiful.
  5. Marzipan

Marzipan New Member

Absolutely. There isn't a day where I don't want my depression and anxiety to go away. I wish that I would never have ended up like this.
  6. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

If I could get away with it, I would. However, every hint of me would have to be changed. I would need to be completely ignorant of the fact that I have kids.

And they are too cute to forget.
  7. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

I did that 20 years ago, packed a suitcase, jumped on a bus and moved about 400 miles away, never gone back. Went to a place where I had no job, friends, place to live.:eek:hmy: If you can afford it and you're young with no strings attached, might be worth a try, maybe there's something better out there. Sort of helped me doing it, still in the same city now, lucked out with a okay job, only problem was a geographical change doesn't change you, didn't change my problems though I wouldn't change what I did, still better off for it. Hope you make the right choice and we'll help in any way.:cool:
  8. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

all the time but where to run to hide from yourself nowhere my thoughts are always there
  9. Kohdii

Kohdii Member

I want to go to Ireland, new zealand or greece but I don't have a VISA or anyof the paperwork to leave a country.

Sometimes I just want to drive to a secluded mountainous area and be a hermit.
  10. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

You can always look into getting a visa and what not, plenty of people do it and some countries are easier to go to than others.

As for the living in a secluded mountainous area and becoming a hermit. I wanna say that's a bad idea but I think about the same thing all the time.
  11. Kohdii

Kohdii Member

Yeah, I just wish I had a soulmate to go with
  12. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

A little more work on my old car and a chance to have some extra cash and I want to visit the north coast of California where I used to live. I could really use some ocean time looking for agates right now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.