Do You Ever Wonder If You May Have Been Cursed?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by justafool, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justafool

justafool Well-Known Member

It is hard to believe in such a bizarre concept as a curse being placed upon a person, but every now and then I have to wonder about it.

I'm a decent person who has lived in a decent and moral manner, yet I find myself in this very deep hole with virtually no chance of escape. I haven't been self-destructive or destructive toward others, yet I have no relationships in life and have failed in every single attempt to improve my situation.

Did I cross paths with some crazy old Gypsy when I was five years old who cursed me for life but I don't have any memory of it?

Maybe. Makes as much sense as anything else. :huh:
  2. EmptyLife

EmptyLife Well-Known Member

i can't understand any reason other than genetics why i have been cursed with this misery and inability to enjoy ANYTHING since childhood. I sometimes wonder if I was a heinous criminal in a previous life. I don't seriously believe in other lives, but it's something to think about.
    How can I endure such agony and isolation, day after day, decade upon decade? No one understands how you can't have friends when you can't even get through the moment.
  3. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a curse... I think when I was younger and my perception of the world was being molded by my social architects, somebody got drunk on the job, and dropped me down the stairs - turning me into a misshapen block of clay that was then put into the oven and now I'm glazed.
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

My sister thinks I am cursed because my exfiance was into witchcraft. She thinks that because she only dabbled in it that she has somehow released something. The reason she thinks i'm cursed is because I am always seeing shadows. My ex also did a little ritual to bless her friends house and after that her friend said she would get these awful smells in her house and she started seeing shadows also. So is for real or not???You decide!!!
  5. ryanglander

ryanglander Well-Known Member

Theres no such thing as a curse. The more advanced society gets the less we beleive in the supernatural. Why? Because we are smarter and realize its garbage. It's all in the mind.
  6. Multiple Man

Multiple Man Well-Known Member

I think you get to a certain point in your long suffering where you start to lose rationale. And those who have been through so much misery start to feel there are forces beyond nature that is affecting their life. I dont believe in curses. I just think that the world responses to people like me differently. Yeah I wonder why so many bizarre things happen to me and why i fail at everything and im alone and i seemingly have the worse luck in the world like a cloud is over my head. But i dont think its because im cursed. Its because I was born the way I am and my chances of being happy are very much compromised because of it.
  7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

You Say you don't beleive!! Have you ever wondered why Native Americans beleive in the spirit world. Why do they go into sweat lodges and take peyote to help them enter the spirit world to find guidance in their lives. They have done it for hundreds of years. Could there be something to it??? You decide!!!
  8. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

I must admit that I have wondered about this before :dry: I think I have either been cursed or someone up there ^^ hates me!
    And, yes, I have wondered what I did in a previous life to deserve this also. Maybe it's bad Karma. Only thing with that is, I honestly can't think of a single thing that i have done in this life to deserve it. That brings us back to a previous life! hmmmm I must have been really BAD :mad:

I don't know what the answer is but, I do wonder....... often :unsure:
  9. RenegadeWill

RenegadeWill Account Closed

It's all a test, those who are tested the most, put through the most hardship, if they overcome it, they come out the other side the strongest, the best of humanity. You just have to fight and keep fighting until you win, never surrender, even if, for some, the test never ends, at least you can die knowing you never gave up.
  10. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

"My grandfather suffered through two strokes, a heart attack, and prostate cancer over the past four years. Now he's living with my aunt.

Which just goes to show - what doesn't kill you makes you a burden to everyone else. "

Some comedian's joke.

I firmly believe that people who suffer through chronic depression and mental illness have the most suffering of anyone in the world. It's internal and not based on external stimulus.
  11. bluefish

bluefish Well-Known Member

In the midst of my suffering last year, my cousin and I went to see a psychic/healer/card reader who was very well known in my hometown. He mentioned that both her and I were just exiting a 7-year curse inflicted upon us by the same person.

We have been blessed with everything except LOVE. We both have been through broken engagements, abandonment and just straight bad luck in relationships.

This was last year. My life was supposed to get better after my birthday (last July). So far, it has but nothing really good has happened in the love area (unless you count breaking up with someone that you know wasnt good for you as good luck :mellow: )
  12. justafool

justafool Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your responses. :biggrin: Lots of different viewpoints. :wink: While I have trouble believing in curses or in the concept of karma, I do believe, for an absolute fact, that there is such a thing as EVIL. Religions may not necessarily have a correct understanding of what evil is, but evil is real and present in our lives.

Perhaps those of us who have suffered so much have been burdened by the touch of evil, whether we deserved such a condition or not. :sad:
  13. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Love can be a curse. A really bad one.
  14. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

i think i have been , only theres a clause that when things look up for me it has to be ripped away :mad:
  15. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

My mum had me blessed by a priest at birth.....lot of good that did :dry:
  16. noPoint

noPoint Well-Known Member

I've thought of this, but I don't know yet. Good post.
  17. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

Yeah I think my mom's side of the family is cursed.

My mom has two sisters and two brothers.

Both sisters lost their husbands very young. One brother just split from home in a very nastry way. The other brother has a wife that has literally gone crazy. My mom was married off to a man 20 years older than she is and I don't think she has every felt what it is like to be in a happy marriage. Talk about the generational gap of all generational gaps. Anyways, as you can tell, my family is pretty screwed up and somehow I don't think it was coincidence.
  18. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

have been thinking about this a lot recently so its good to see thread on it

i actually do think i am for the sheer fact that im sure that someone up there hates me or i did bad in a previous life. i dont know but surely its a bit unfair to have expierced part of every crisis there is. used to think i had some experience or knew a lot about it all except my parents divorcing and as soon as i realised this my parents did actually divorce and it has to be the messiest most painful divorce in history as they used me an awful lot that is still going on and they divorced officially 4years ago

someone must really hate me for the amount ive gone through. i mean i have quite a few od's that so many other people would have officially been killed by but yet im still here. at 4 i was seriously ill and was dead for almost a minute but someone went and brought me back to this horrible life that ive had to carry on living

id say ive got a good case for being cursed
  19. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I know I am cursed.
  20. ergo51

ergo51 Well-Known Member

I've wondered about this many times. It's illogical but sometimes I have to think yeah.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.