Do You Ever Wonder....

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Sleepwalk, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sleepwalk

Sleepwalk Well-Known Member

Do you ever wonder about the conversations in the days after? Family, friends, coworkers?

I've lost two friends to suicide and have been on the other side of those conversations. I can't even imagine the discussion between my family members, but the one I repeatedly imagine is my coworkers. It goes something like "Hey, did you hear 'Jim Sleepwalk' killed himself last night?" "Really? Hmm, well, gotta go." And they carry on with their day.

I know this may sound kinda stupid. Just musing.....
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

no i don't wonder i know what the conversation will be and it is sad it is take care.
  3. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

Hey Sleepwalk, I think about this all the time. But don't torture yourself with such thoughts, because you can never know how it would go, and far more people would miss you and be devastated by your death than you can imagine.

4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I think the people I know would be devastated, but that's not my main concern: it's my cat. He was abused before I got him and doesn't like people, but absolutely adores me... Whatever would he do? Would they put him back in the shelter? I guess I should make sure I euthanize him first though I doubt any vet would cooperate.
  5. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Yes, and it makes me angry. It'd be about themselves. I just don't want to think about it too much because it makes me furious. It'd be 'fate,' according to my mother.
  6. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I wouldn't expect more then a few mumbles and grumbles.

Not like it'd be an interesting topic anyway.
  7. chipped_d

chipped_d Member

I'm pretty sure my family will be devastated and cry, say "I should have seen it coming." I'm under no illusion that they don't love me. I feel sometimes like I'm taking advantage of their kindness, like they're too good people for me to be a parasite off of.

Then there's friends. They'll be sad for a while... but I'm moving away from them. We've already become distant. Sometimes I think its best to do something while they still feel something for me.

I think sometimes I'd like to go just to see how many people actually care. It's incredibly selfish, but the thought remains.
  8. StevenSiew

StevenSiew Well-Known Member

That's not stupid. That's just life, they had never cared about those people at all. It does not matter. It never did to them.
  9. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

they'd be saying 'it was her choice..not our fault...she was sick'

never mind had they showed me some love while i was alive I wouldn't have needed to die in the first place.

that's basically what they said about my son so I'll be no different
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.