Do you fear God

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by ACRon, Dec 29, 2007.

?

do you fear God?

1. yes

9 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. no

39 vote(s)
    72.2%
  3. unsure

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

I wanted to post this as the idea of fear, to me, is what creates our whole philosophy. I believe our philosophies propel themselves in true fashion when we accept that God is our basis

2. Blackness

Blackness Guest

fear god in relation to what...dying or just life in general?

3. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

I damn sure don't fear God cause I am not even sure what God really is anyway. All I know, if God is here, this world wouldn't be so fucked up cause by all the fucking assholes in this shitty world.

4. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

in relation to trusting whats uncertain. Refering to the boundaries of accepting the person you love more than yourselfs death

5. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

you know exactly what i'm talking about :smile:

6. ithuriel

ithuriel Well-Known Member

if god does exist why should i fear him?

7. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

I can't fear something which I don't believe in.

8. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Nope, even if he did invent spiders. :unsure:

9. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

Spiders? i catch them and place them outside, used to be i'd splat them instinctively, they can be a pain though when they catch you by surprise

10. Light_In_The_Dark

Light_In_The_Dark Well-Known Member

I dont fear God. I respect and Admire Him. Thats how I've been taught.

11. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

I respect and admire him too.

To me God enforces justice through equalibrium. Balancing the scale when our sins have spread us thin. The son of God knows this and works to correct it, allowing an ending to honest peoples suffering, allowing real life to begin. thats just my little view on it, hope it don't sound preachy

12. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

When I was at assembly at primary school, whenever they used to talk about God, I used to see a blown up version of my father's face up in the sky.

No I don't fear God. I don't think about God much. It's strange whenever I think about God now, I still think of my father's face....:huh:

13. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

the relationship between father and son i've largely ignored my whole life. for me i can't get on in life when there is tension. my mother has ignored me over the last few years virtually because i never spoke to my Dad with any respect. Right or wrong there needs to be a connection there, or atleast a peaceful understanding imo

14. titanic

titanic Well-Known Member

How about a fear of satan? darkness? despair? death? hell? It seems that people who believe in the dark and the ugly, and experience the suffering would not entertain something positive such as God, who is the light.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2007
  15. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

in my experience men only fear the unknown, Satan is known to all, not everyone knows its a lie though

16. jonstark

jonstark Well-Known Member

No, but if the bastard exists he should fear me, because when I go to the other world I'm going straight for his scalp.

17. Light_In_The_Dark

Light_In_The_Dark Well-Known Member

My friend said: "When the judgement day comes, I wont bow to the God and pray, I'll stand next to him and pray.".

18. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

My only major fear would be that God is not who I believe Him to be. In other words, that He may be much harsher than I think He is. I believe and hope that he is a God of love, but if He's not, I'm totally screwed :)

19. Azul

Azul Well-Known Member

I've never loved God, I've only feared him. But in many cases love can be the result of fear.

20. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

I fear God. I fear religion full stop. Religion scares you into living the way God wants you to live. It's not right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.