Do you feel bad about making new friends or dating?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by undead66, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. undead66

undead66 Guest

I don't feel bad about the friends i already have. they'll be hurt no matter what if i end up killing myself, and it's too late to stop that. (and i don't think i have some obligation to my friends to not kill myself) but i do feel bad about making new friends and dating, simply because now i feel like there is a good likilhood i'll kill myself at some point or another, and i feel guilty getting innocent bystandards involved in my life, even if it takes another 3 years for me to die.

2. DNA

DNA New Member

I don't know if this will help, but I kind of feel the same way.

I try to keep to myself. I know that my depression and suicidal thoughts can get pretty bad, and I don't want to expose other people to my mental problems. I want to keep collateral damage to a minimum.

Love to hear back from you.

Later

3. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

my hopes are that you will make new friends. It sounds like you have some good friends which tells me you must be a wonderful person. I hope that having these friends helps you see your worth.

Mia

4. AloneInTheDark

AloneInTheDark Well-Known Member

I have never thought about it that way. However I feel suicidal, I actually do not think I will ever end up killing myself. But I understand where you are coming from. I hope that soon your suicidal tendancies will disappear and making new friends and dating will be a happy time for you.

Take care and be safe,
    Aniel :hug:

5. mick86

mick86 New Member

I can relate to the way you feel though for me it’s a little more complex. I feel that new friends/relationships will just give me a false sense of hope, persuading me to hang on a little longer. I don’t want to prolong the pain. Id rather isolate myself so as I may gather the strength/misery to put and end to things.

6. leftoutsidealone

leftoutsidealone Well-Known Member

well, i'm feeling bad exactly because i have no close friends and i don't date and i don't know how one can find friends in my age, so that would trigger me to leave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.