Do you feel better at Night?

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Illusion, Nov 24, 2010.

?

Do you feel better at Night?

1. Yes

73 vote(s)
    40.3%
  2. No

66 vote(s)
    36.5%
  3. Sometimes

32 vote(s)
    17.7%
  4. Doesn't impact me

5 vote(s)
    2.8%
  5. Other (please specify)

5 vote(s)
    2.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

I do. I don't know what it is about daytime that slows me down and often depresses me. Its like the sun has a negative outcome on me. I also can't stand brightness. To me, night time is more calm, peaceful, beautiful, and has a bit more of a positive outcome on me. Nobody annoys me as much at night as they do in the day since most people are asleep. I'm what my friends and boyfriend call 'a serious night owl' lol. Since I shared my answer, I now want to hear everyones. Perhaps some of you are like me? :)

2. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

I'm the opposite, in the evening when things start to wind down and I am no longer being busy doing things, I start thinking about things more clearly and I start to feel sick. All my fleeting suicidal ideas start manifesting and it takes me a while to get to sleep.

3. MightyMatt

MightyMatt Well-Known Member

I'm the exact opposite to this... I find it so much harder on a night time... It seems to make the loneliness that much worse for me.

4. Landlocked blues

Landlocked blues Well-Known Member

im with you there! Same for me

5. Illusion

I can understand how people can feel that way. Perhaps me being a Loner has to do with everything.

6. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

At night I tend to feel a million times worse. I seriously believe it's something to do with the moon, but hey, that's just me.

7. Illusion

The moon has a negative affect on you like the sun does on me lol. These poll results are interesting. Not one person yet has said this all doesn't impact them.

8. VCircle

VCircle Active Member

Night time is worse for me. I love being alone when it is quiet and there is no family members demanding my time, but I know that the night time is bad for my brain. I know it is bad yet i crave the solitude.

9. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

According to Pagan writings, the moon is supposed to bring out your deepest emotions, which is the only reason I believe it has something to do with the moon (I'm a big believer of the Pagan beliefs). However, it could also just be that I'm surrounded by idiots at work all day, and then when I'm at home I'm stuck in a tiny dark room in the freezing cold with no company, which in turn makes me feel completely alone, which brings on the mood.

Do you have any idea what it is that gets you so down during the day? I'm going to try and find a pattern in this, because as much as I like the Pagan writings, I also know there's a hell of a lot more to life than that, that'd have impact. If we can find the pattern we could maybe try and find a prevention ;)

EDIT: Do not let this turn into a religious debate, only explaining why I believe it to be this way. :)

10. Illusion

lol I won't let this turn into a religious debate. Thats an interesting theory about the moon though. I think what gets me down during the day is just light itself. I don't like for anybody to see me. I feel like I'm on the spotlight and easily noticed out in the sun. Plus I have sensitive skin so I get burned easily. Other than that though, its just a feeling.. I get so agitated during the day. Perhaps cause I'm a loner and its easier to be alone at night. I have no problem being like this though. I enjoy it actually. The night is so much more beautiful than daytime to me.

11. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

It actually depends on the kind of night for me.

I usually notice it's a nice night when I have to go out to the garage to get the milk(we have a couple of fridges in there where we keep somethings so the kids don't eat everything, lol).

The best nights for me are when there's not a cloud in the sky, maybe it's just the moon, with no stars. And the air is cold. You can breath it in and, you feel the cold go down through nose.

Raining nights are also good too. The rain blurs all the noise. So all you hear, is just rain.

I think I like nights more because I have some problematic social anxiety that I should really get under control one day....Everyone's asleep at night. Well most people. So it's quiet. I'd be the kind of person to just go for a drive at night, or maybe a walk. Only because there is no one else around.

Just to get to an intersection that's usually busy all day and smells of petrol, to find it empty......Traffic lights alternating like they always do, just no cars to be seen. :) :lone:

12. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

No, if anything I'll normally feel worse because I don't have as many distractions once it's night time.

TDM

13. Illusion

I'm gonna randomly add this. Whenever I'm sick, I feel worser at night and better during the daytime. I think that applies to just about anybody though.

14. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

A big YES, so much more peaceful and quiet and dark:wink:... plus I can go outside at night when there are so few out, the daytime to me is so depressing.:mhmm:

15. plshelpme

plshelpme Well-Known Member

ditto...i'm way way worse at night...
    but i do think the night is beautiful and peaceful and calm...i enjoy it when i'm not in a depressed phase...

16. Illusion

Exactly ^.^

17. FlashingFlickering

FlashingFlickering Well-Known Member

Definitely, I'm at my happiest when it's night and everyone else is asleep- except for nature and I, of course!
    Unless of course I'm sick. Then I'm just miserable all day D:

18. Illusion

Yeah. When I'm sick, only time I feel worser at night is when I'm sick.

19. Babyboy09

Babyboy09 Member

I feel more anxious at night. Only time i feel somewhat better is if im out for a cruise on a stormy day. Feel cozy i guess and the sound calms me.

20. The Scream

The Scream Well-Known Member

same here =]

i hate nights, i don't like the dark...

there's enough darkness in my head ><

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.