Do you feel hungry after exercise?

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Jackie's Strength, May 14, 2011.

?

Do you feel hungry after exercise?

1. Yes, definitely!

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  2. Yes, somewhat

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. No, not really

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  4. No, not at all

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. Jackie's Strength

Jackie's Strength Staff Alumni

Personally, I get very hungry. I've heard though that exercise often leads to a decreased, rather than an increased appetite. It'll be interesting to find out what others' experiences have been :biggrin:

2. Julia-C

Julia-C Well-Known Member

I'm not hungry immediately after, but I tend to be hungry more throughout the day. Dependant on how vigorous the exercise I may crave high carb foods.

3. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

i do for sure- after swimming mostly..

4. ConfusedSilence

ConfusedSilence Well-Known Member

I don't I think to myself "You've just put in all of that work" and don't even want to eat anymore.

5. lancashirelass

lancashirelass Well-Known Member

Whats exercise? lol

6. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Apparently, cold water results in an increased appetite. Just thought I'd throw that little "factoid" out there. That's why swimmers tend to eat a lot afterwards.

When it comes to exercise in general though, I often find that it decreases my appetite. I can feel hungry and then after I've done a bit of exercise, I can hold off those feelings for a little bit longer.

7. XchaosX

XchaosX Account Closed

Usually, proteins and electrolytes are needed, which is why the hunger is there.

8. Pickett

Pickett Well-Known Member

I thought being hungry after burning calories was normal and common knowledge.

"Tales From the Darkside" is classic. The food in this episode starts crying "Please don't eat us!" The woman wears glasses to see them talk as part of a weight loss program.

The sad this is that the man who wants to date her isn't even worried about her weight and loves her for who she is. Sometimes funny, wacky TV show with a message. Like the Twilight Zone/Outer Limits.

http://youtu.be/kPRgmz5fQHE