Do You Feel In Control Of Your Life?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by boo, Jan 26, 2010.

?

Do You Feel In Control Of Your Life?

1. Yes, I feel that my decisions are primarily responsible for my destiny.

10 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. No, I feel my life is mostly determined by external events outside of my control.

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  3. I'm not sure.

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. The Horoscope always determine my life...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I use the Force, baby!

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Much of your stress level comes down to personal control. Whether you feel in control of your life or controlled by your life can greatly impact your experience of stress.
    As human beings we're hard wired to be in charge of ourselves and our environment. Some of us just take longer than others to learn the distinction between ridding ourselves of symptoms and getting to their source. If we think we don't have control of our lives because we see our obstacles as insurmountable, we stay where we are and our problems are guaranteed to become steady companions.
    Now ask yourself, what is the matrix, erm! i meant! What is "control".
    Do you leave everything to faith and destiny or take the bull by the horns?

2. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

I avoid everything I can. Especially when people want to cause me for everything and make me feel allways I have done something wrong.

And I cannot live like that anymore. That is why I isolated myself.

3. LDA

LDA Well-Known Member

Yes, I feel that my decisions are primarily responsible for my destiny.

4. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I'm in total control of my life. If I wasn't, it would be hectic and unbearable. My life isn't much though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2010
  5. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I use the force of course.. what else would a jedi do?

6. boo

boo Well-Known Member

That was a mistake young padawan... *woopeh* *woopeh* :starwars:

7. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

*nods* yes master... Okay just the thought of you as a Jedi master... I have the feeling Backstreet boys would end up being involved somehow as some sort of deterrent to the dark side.

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Nope, I just let the days, weeks, years just slip by while I isolate myself form my feelings and people because they always end up hurting me..I have no control over my life..

9. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

"Nope, I just let the days, weeks, years just slip by while I isolate myself form my feelings and people because they always end up hurting me..I have no control over my life.. "

Ditto STRANGER1....

10. Vangelis

Vangelis Well-Known Member

Some days I'm in control or gaining control, and other days I'm not and it's due to stepdad or outside influences or I'm just down that day.

11. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

One of my major problems is that I don't feel I have much control over my life. I feel like I've pretty much been stuck doing things because that's what was expected of me or because financially I couldn't do anything else.

Every time I feel like I've tried to make a decision for me and taking control, I've gotten punished by life. I'm basically lost right now and have nothing.

12. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Hell no! Damned OCD, generalized anxiety that strikes at random and much social phobia and emotional baggage from abuse.

I have gotten some measure of control over my depressive and suicidal episodes in the past year or so. This forum is, in large part responsible for that. :smile: :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.