do you feel like you are worse off than EVERYONE else?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by noisserped, Dec 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noisserped

noisserped Guest

I'm just wondering, do you feel like you are much worse off than everyone else? Do you feel like you are one of the few that are beyond hope or help? That you're much more depressed and miserable than everyone else?

I ask because I feel that way, although I know it's probably not true, but I feel so horrible all the time that I can't imagine people feeling worse than this.

2. ImSoStupid

ImSoStupid Member

I definitley feel that way..your'e not alone.

3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I dont feel like I'm any worse off than anybody else for the situations that I'm dealing with. It's just that the situations are more than I can deal with. And I know they arent going to get any better for me. C'est la vie!!!

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Noisserped,

I don't feel like I'm much worse off than everyone else. If I did I would just be pitying myself and that's not the road I want to take. I'm working hard at making things better, and it's going well so far :) I also don't think that anyone is beyond help or hope. There is help for everyone, you just have to put in the effort to find it. I hope you feel better soon :hug:

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I have been feeling this way for so long that I am numb to all feelings. I am suicidal if that makes a difference. So I can't say yes or no. I really don't know......

6. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

I know I am beyond help and beyond hope, and I know I probably wont kill myself, I dont know what I am going to do at this point

7. Alexpt2

Alexpt2 Well-Known Member

Nope, I dont feel like i'm worse off than everyone else. Just from reading these forums for awhile I can see that there are many people here with problems way more severe then mine.

I do feel like I am beyond help though. I've made my decsion, I want to die. I wouldnt even take help if it was offered to me since I wouldn't be receptive to it anyways. Can't save someone that doesnt want to be saved.

8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I know that there are many people that probably are worse off than I am , but hope is not an easy thing when you are overwhelmed by the issues you face. People deal with things differently and what may be too much for one person isn't for another, so worse is a relative thing.

9. ImSoStupid

ImSoStupid Member

Yeah i take that back, I'm probably not worse off than everyone else. Everyones got their own problems. But we are all on this site
    for a reason. Yeah worse is a relative thing..

10. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Even though i feel really low i know there is worse off than i am. It doesn't help knowing it nor will it change how i feel. Maybe others would see it lightly but pain is relative so there is no thermometer on that one.

11. LostSpirit

LostSpirit Well-Known Member

I believe some people just dont want to be helped, and if you cant help yourself.. then no one else can in my opinion, i do think a lot of the time. why does all this shit seem to happen to me, but when i think about it i guess there are a lot of people worse off,,

i no i will have to battle with my feelings till the day i die, so in that sense i do feel worse off. because at some point in peoples life. they at least have some peace of mind at some stage, i feel i never will

12. noisserped

noisserped Guest

haha jeez, maybe I'm worse off than I thought. :tongue: I know I could be worse off. It's not self pity, but I really do feel so awful, like I have some sort of depression and misery that's impossible to deal with and no one would really understand just how bad I've felt.

13. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

14. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

At least regarding to everyone I know, my relatives and my parent's friends and their children, I am the definitely the most worse off and inferior to them and I do feel I am beyond hope, it could be the depression telling me this though. My dad has offered several times and just a few minutes ago for me to see a psychiatrist with him and I have refused, telling him its a waste of time and money.

I visited one back in late 2005/early 2006 and stopped because I couldn't open up to him and tell him my true feelings, I kept going past the subject or stalling. Its the same on this forum, I cannot open up, I think its because I'm too embarrassed about my pathetic condition, how much I've been sheltered and how long I've been on the wrong road and being underdeveloped and so far behind my peers.

15. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

I'm resistant to my anti-depressants and mood-regulators, I've been getting worse throughout a year of various types of treatments and I am too cowed by pain to end my life.

Ya, I feel like a was dealt a shitty hand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.