Do you feel pain if you Jump?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Hurted, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

From high building? Probaly yes, but it doesnt last long i guess...

Ps: Im not attempting suicide, i just want to know

2. x.R.x

x.R.x Well-Known Member

my guess is yes, you might not die instantly

but i suppose it depends how high the building is etc.

3. Ire

Ire Guest

I would expect the terror of knowing your imminent demise would be something to experience.

4. JustWatchMeChange

JustWatchMeChange Well-Known Member

5. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

That is really sad story:(

6. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

in nyc last fall two bothers - window cleaners - fell from 40 stories (cleaning a highrise and their rig failed, tipped them over)....one died and the other survived....

yikes

7. Trick_Wiley

Trick_Wiley New Member

I would imagine that if the building was high enough you would be obliterated in one second and would not feel much.

I was hit by a car and do not remember feeling anything at the time of impact. I was in shock. Five minutes later the pain was like being on fire.

I don't think the WTC jumpers felt any pain when they hit, and I hope we so in shock when the fell or jumped that they didn't feel the horror of it.

8. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I don't know how anybody could ever even seriously contemplate this. Seems to me this has to be one of the most unpleasant methods imaginable. I think everyone must have at least a little bit of fear of heights. It's just not natural not to. At least, fear of unassisted freefall. People who bungee jump or whatever, that's different because they know they're not going to die. You couldn't pay me enough to do that either. I stay on the ground. I don't care. I don't fly, parachute, bungee jump, climb rocks, whatever. I HATE heights!

9. Random

Random Well-Known Member

That's one of the things I'll never be able to forget about 9/11. Because of my fear of heights, I guess. But the WTC wasn't just high. It was REALLY high! Around 1,000 feet. My god I'd die just standing there looking out! I don't think I could have made myself jump. I'd rather burn.

10. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I don't know I would imagine a kind of euphoric feeling as you fall. The trick is to live your life as if you're falling from a building.
    Nothing matters, let it all go. Let all your emotions, burdens, worries out, as if you would die tomorrow, as if right now you were falling from that building.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.