Do you get restless?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by wheresmysheep, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

Like really fidgity, and have a feeling of get up and go and do something right now, but you have nothing to do, and you dont want to go out?
    I've been feeling like this for the last week, and its incredibly annoying and agitating

2. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I sometimes get that way in the shower, but it doesn't last with me throughout the day. I usually just become more and more introverted as the day passes before drifting off to sleep. :dry:

3. History

History Well-Known Member

I'm getting very restless. ever since losing hope, i've been finding it hard even to live. As I can't find a solution to my problem, i just lie in bed without doing anything cos I have no hope anymore and when i get up from lying down, I can't concentrate on doing anything, even typing. so i end up lying in bed again and again and again. then i get restless, get up, nothing interests me at all, then gets suicidal, thinks about jumping down a building which further makes me worse, over and over again. I dont know how long will I last hanging on like this. God, pls take my life

4. SweetSurrender

SweetSurrender Well-Known Member

Yeh i have this sometimes. I absolutely hate it when i feel like this because i feel pressure and tension in my body (as in that i need to move or talk, just do something!) and my mind mis-fires way to much....but i also don't want to do anything. I am very irritable when i'm like this, everything annoys me. But i'm quite an angry person generally so that isn't saying much. But yes i definately get like this, and it is really awful having agitation so i feel for you. There isn't much i can do to help me with this feeling that is constructive. Do you have any ideas that help/calm you down?

5. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

Yes, I get exactly like that quite often. I swear I have the cleanest house in britain, especially my kitchen! lol
    Lea :hug:

6. plates

plates Well-Known Member

i'm 'restless' because i want to die and i don't want to be here. i'm so restless sometimes, they've given me something to 'take off the edge'

7. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

heh I feel like that everyday.
    But my mind is on constant fight or flight.

I don't think you're human unless you get restless from time to time, it's just that most of us here it probably happens more often.

8. plates

plates Well-Known Member

i think i've been living on fight or flight for a very long time since 2006. think 2008 i was on high alert. that's why i remember saying 'i'm living on purely survival mode', i understand that more now.

i think when i say, why does life have to be a fight all the time, that's exactly what i'm referring to. the fight or flight thing i have. when i do get rest, that's really good. but you reminded me of something i'd forgotten- i think i've been on fight/flight for a very long time and it comes up a lot when my life is getting threatened and it has been threatened for so long. that's why i want to die because i'm too tired.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.