Do you hate it when somebody talks to you when you don't want to?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by boo, Dec 28, 2009.

?

Do you hate it when somebody talks to you when you don't want to?

1. Yes, I do very much <.<

11 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. No, I don't mind as long as I'm distracted ^^

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  3. Sometimes, only when I'm in a bad mood.

15 vote(s)
    48.4%
  4. I don't socialize with the human world...so can't respond...sorry

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  5. I just ignore the person ... and replace his/her voice with something else.

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Sometime we are so lost in our bubble that we forget the world outside. It can be a good thing when we want it that way. Then all of a sudden someone decide to intrude in our privacy. To be polite we put up with it, but doesnt mean we arent annoyed. I especially hate when it happens at work. I'm not in the good mood when i working to begin with. Do you hate it when somebody talks to you when you don't want to? :mad: And what do you do about it?

2. Colourful

Colourful Well-Known Member

It depends on who the person is lol
    It only happens when I'm in a bad mood though and I absolutely hate it. Not so much IF someone talks to me, it's what they say. Usually I just ignore them completely or else I know I'll just lash out..but ignoring is also bad and I feel terrible afterwards but i don't know what else to do.

3. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

for me it depends on the context, sometimes they will ask for the time or directions and I don't mind talking with them..but sometimes I'm in that mood where I dont want to talk to anyone and I normally have my earphones on and what absolutely annoys me is people who will talk to you and expect you to respond when your listening to your music and can't hear them...like they are the only person in your world...sigh...can't you see I have ear phones???

4. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Yeah which is like... 90% of the time lol

5. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I've got trouble with that

6. boo

boo Well-Known Member

This reminds me especially when i walk into a store. Just chillin then some seller just rush at me and ask if i need help or tell me what's on sale... GRRRRRR

7. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

No.

I can't expect people to know I'm not in the mood to talk.

If it's really bad I'll just say that I'm really not in the mood and it's not because of them.

8. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I do too

9. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

i get annoyed easy ... i need to learn to relax more.... i have a hard expressing how i feel when someone annoys me....i tend to let them know they have annoyed me and sometime is not in a polite kinda way...

10. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I'm one of those people that needs a lot of quiet time to "recharge my batteries." If the topic is about an urgent matter I'll just do what I need to do, but if not I make simple statements to set my boundaries.

11. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

No. I'm just so happy that anyone wants to talk to me at all :unsure:

12. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Yes, the thing I hate the most about my home is that the neighbours always talk to me. Just yesterday one of them was, um, pretty much harassing me about my cooking.

13. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Just when I'm in a bad mood.

14. Snowman

Snowman Well-Known Member

Same here, same here. :mellow:

15. plates

plates Well-Known Member

if they pop out of nowhere from my past after abandoning me or ignoring me and think life and things don't change yeah. if they expect me to be the same as they remembered me. cos i'm not. i never will be.

16. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I don't mind when people talk to me but I am the social phobia poster boy/man and I usually walk away from the encounter saturated in nervous sweat :blink:.

17. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

If it's a guy "heavy" doing on the street yeah.

But I voted whatever if I'm distracted lol that can mean also in my head and I'm not listening. lol

18. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

i guess it just depends on who they are, what they want, what they have to say, and what i'm doing..

it's nice to have people talk to you once in a while, though.

19. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Yeah and then when I do want to talk, they don't want to :tongue:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.