Do you hate yourself?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Anonymous2, Aug 12, 2012.

?

Do you hate yourself?

1. Yes

105 vote(s)
    82.0%
  2. No

23 vote(s)
    18.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous2

Anonymous2 Well-Known Member

One of the main reasons I want to commit suicide is due to the fact that I hate myself.

Does anyone else feel this way?

I hate myself because I don't have the ability to be the person I want to be.

I want to be confident, compassionate, successful, kind, honorable, funny, athletic, altruistic, benevolent, hard-working, attractive, happy, successful, outgoing, lovable, genuine, and intelligent. I want to a have a personality that causes people (especially girls) to feel loved, safe, comfortable, and so, so happy.

However, I will never be able to become the person I want to be due to numerous physical and psychological disorders, and a disturbing past. I'd rather die than live a life of shame, pity, disappointment, uselessness, isolation, and negativity.

2. thepainwithin

thepainwithin Well-Known Member

I'm that guy that brings everyone down, even when I try not to be. Never know what to say, feel embarrassed about what I do. Turn every girl off, almost immediately, nothing to do with looks. Spend days working or buried in a basement, surprised when I see it's light out. Wish I could go outside, but curled in a ball reeling with anxiety, nothing to do out there anyway.

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I do hate myself, and a lot of people share that sentiment. I simply can't believe anything good that anyone would tell me. It doesn't seem true at all.

4. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

Yeah, i hate myself. Im a dick. I can't really control it.. hate myself..

5. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

some days more than others - haven't shaved in almost 8 months so i don't have to look too closely at myself in the mirror

6. Anonymous2

Anonymous2 Well-Known Member

That's exactly how I feel most of the time. Even if people say nice things about me, I just assume they are just saying it because they pity me. I find it impossible to believe that anyone could truly like me. I don't really want sympathy or pity, I want to be deserving of and earn people's love, respect, admiration, adoration, etc.

7. Sephaus

Sephaus Well-Known Member

I most definitely hate myself, I lack the courage to overcome my demons, even though from a rational standpoint I can analyze them.

8. GreyCat

GreyCat Well-Known Member

I don't hate myself, I'm just not sure what myself is anymore. I used to be a real person, with a real personality. I have always been viewed as being eccentric but I have in the past been popular, I had alot of friends, I was very sociable, I travelled about a bit, I used to have alot to say, I was on a mission to get somewhere, and I thought I was going there. That person seems to be gone now, and I am this strange, hysterical, stammering, blubbering fat lump who can hardly have a conversation and who can't seem to get out of this odd situation. But I don't think that this is myself. I am trapped in my depression, I don't hate myself because somewhere inside I am cool but for the past few years I have been frozen and distorted in this illness. I hate the way I am now, but I don't hate myself inside because I know this fucked up version of myself isn't real, and I need to keep fighting to get myself back and I will keep fighting.

9. Lionheart

Lionheart Well-Known Member

The main reason Im hate myself is due to my high school experience and home experience growing up, also how I handled the situation back then.

I now how found out I may suffer with autism of some kind too :-(. I do wish most days giving in woulden't be wrong :-(.

10. ThornThatNeverHeals

ThornThatNeverHeals Well-Known Member

Self hatred is something that is so hard to deal with and so hard to understand. Its a huge step just to figure out that you actually do hate yourself because most of the time you just blame yourself without thinking why, or making that connection. i hate myself, and have knwon i have for years, but am still struggling to get past it. Its hard because it is so strong of feeling and it hits me every moment of my day, where i cant tell when im actually being rediculous and when its me hating myself and telling myself im being stupid or being a bitch. I wish i could help you get past it, but i havent found that key in myself yet.... i wish you the best of luck because i know its hard to live ith.

11. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

This poll is too black and white. Do I hate myself? Yes and no. I both hate myself and love myself simultaneously. I love myself for what I am to me. But I hate myself for how I come across to the rest of the world. I have always loved myself. It was the world that taught me to hate myself.

12. BrinkOfExistence

BrinkOfExistence Well-Known Member

I hate the person I am when I'm around others, as sad as it sounds I'm scared of them not liking me, so I pretend to be an emotionless robot and that nothing ever bothers me and I have little to no interests. I do this because if they say they don't like me, I can convince myself it's not me they don't like but the person I pretend to be. I'll probably be like this for the rest of my life now, so I'll probably hate that part of myself for the rest of my life too. However I do like the person I am when I'm on my own or with my kids, that's the real me.

13. letty

letty Banned Member

I hate myself for letting my health go unchecked now i am sick, I let my sister down when she was alive, I hate myself for having so many hang ups, and insecurities .

14. letmedisappear

letmedisappear Well-Known Member

It's not even that I hate myself because I'm not capable to be better... I just won't be. I can try to fight myself all night long to be better but I'll just lose inevitably. It's as if I'm just fulfilling a destiny of failure.

Heh, you know, my dad used to say you know you're insane when your fight yourself and lose. I didn't know how truthful his words would be back then. I guess I hate myself for not listening to him or my mom either. And for everything I've done.

15. triedtoomanytimes

triedtoomanytimes Well-Known Member

Sometimes I think we just perpetuate the low self - esteem and worthlesness we already feel, a bit like bending the rules to suit ourselves. For my part, I don't need to be reminded of my worthlesness, it's there along with all the other negative emotions fighting inside my heart and head.

16. letmego3

letmego3 Well-Known Member

Yes I hate myself in almost every way. The way I look, walk, talk and my personality is all that I wish I could change. I don't like my level of intelligence and the way I think. There is alot of people I wish I could be like. But I guess I'm stuck with my body and this life. I don't like looking in the mirror and I don't think I deserve a partner.

17. Manon

Manon New Member

I hate myself so much. Even I try very hard to fulfile the need be confident, compassionate, successful, kind, honorable, funny, athletic, altruistic, benevolent, hard-working, attractive, happy, successful, outgoing, lovable, genuine, and intelligent. But I am still disappointment about my life and the life that I gave to my children

18. Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster Forum Buddy SF Supporter

I don't hate myself, I don't love myself either. I am just deeply unhappy and dissapointed with/in myself.

19. Soldier83

Soldier83 Well-Known Member

That just about says it all, I just hate the position that I always put myself into.

20. cloudy

cloudy Well-Known Member

i don't hate myself anymore. i've been fighting with my housemates which makes me feel depressed. its this damned illness. just hate when i do stupid shit with words.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.