Do you have a car, SF'ers?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by KittyGirl, Oct 11, 2010.

Do you own a vehicle?

1. I don't drive. (not old enough for licence or don't want one)

25 vote(s)
  2. ...Technically, it's my parent's car; but they let me drive it.

5 vote(s)
  3. Yes, I own a car! (paid, lease, rent to own)

31 vote(s)
  4. I prefer bikes~ motorcycle, moped, scooter, bicycle, etc.

3 vote(s)
  5. Not a car, but I have a: (Boat, ATV, or Snowmobile)

1 vote(s)
  6. other.

6 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I'm just curious~ Although loads of us here on SF arent really of age to 'have' a car or maybe not even a licence- who does have a car? (or had a car at one point?)
    What type of car or vehicle do you own, what do you like, any pictures of your vehicle?

Right now, I can not drive. My license is suspended until I have my doctor's permission and a clean bill of health to get it back.
    I owned a car at one point... just a little shitbox. I liked it alot. I sold it before I went to college because we needed a first/last month deposit cheque and neither of us had the money saved specifically for that.

Here's a photo of my shitbox!

My family (on dad's side) also own a few boats, snowmobiles and ATV's. They're bush-whackers, obviously. lol

I really like compact cars. I would love to be able to afford a hybrid; but I doubt I'd be able to get one until I can get someone elses used piece of shit one a few years down the road. haha
    I prefer import over domestic. sorry. :p
    I was taught to drive stick before I ever drove anything automatic.... the reverse switch-over was awkward... I found myself reaching for the shifter all the time; meanwhile there was nothing there. :lol!:
  2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Well, I used to drive when I was suburban in Alberta, owned two cars under $1000, and then moved to urban Toronto and switched to a bike. I'd like to get a motorcycle but that'll have to wait until I can work.
  3. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

No, i dont have a licence. It frightens me. I worry that i will kill someone. Stupid i know.
  4. LogDork

LogDork Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

four trucks, also have a redneck junkyard :(
  5. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

kinda have to have a car, its my job
    taxi driver
  6. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

i stopped counting, while i have my license just about 10 years ive had more than 20 cars. no i did not wreck them, i loved selling and buying them. mostly with a small profit but not allways, i guess it was a hobby. ill look for pics.i was (and still am) a huge mercedes diesel fan (124+w140) and still own a w123 300diesel atm. btw Kitty that should be a honda civic end 80's, those things were pretty good!
  7. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

I own a 1997 Honda Accord.
  8. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I hate cars. I hate being in them. I refuse to get my license, and walk everywhere instead. Places that are further away, I bus.
  9. 1112222

Then consider yourself lucky that you don't live in a city with one of the worst public transportation systems in the developed world.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2010
  10. assek

assek Well-Known Member

i cannot drive and i hate it. at the age of 24 i should be able to , i know. sometimes it feels quite akward when someone asks if i drive and i say no. and i feel this little * brings thumb and index finger close together*
  11. XsweetpoetX

XsweetpoetX Well-Known Member

I hate being in cars. They scare me. And Im a horrible driver cause I can't pay attention. And no one is willing to teach me.
  12. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

i drive my mums car (the auto one) then when i finaly learn to drive a manual im gana by the other car off her (the manual one) lol
  13. alison

alison Well-Known Member

94 pontiac grand prix! its old and kinda ugly, but i love it!
  14. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I won't be driving until I can get my learners in January, but when that comes around i'll be driving a 67 hillman. Parents bought it a couple of years ago and we basically got 1 complete car and another cars worth of parts for 2000 bucks :laugh:.
  15. Pécheur

Pécheur Account Closed

My car litterally cost me a limb! If I hadn't have fell and claimed compo I'd not have it :eek:

'Banana mobile' - yellow citroen saxo!
  16. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I don't have a car simply because my sense of orientation is abysmal. Seriously, i would lose my way in games like Grand Theft Auto and it has a map for crying out loud, so imagine real life... lolx
  17. MiraWolf95

MiraWolf95 Account Closed

I'm supposed to try to get my permit in a couple of weeks.
    I don't own my own car and I really don't ever want one.
    I dread the thought of driving and wont hardly ever drive except for emergencies.
  18. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Oh, I do... the transit here is actually quite nice, except for the billions in taxes Translink levels against us.
  19. 1112222

Those taxes must suck but at least you live in a nation that is smart enough to invest in rail and not more bloody useless roads.
  20. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't really bitch about them, because I benefit so much. It's not like a lot of the things that the money they extort are wasted on. You are totally right - they wanted to spend like 2 billion on some perimeter road that would have gotten maybe 100 cars traffic a week.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.